Annoying Prompt

Admiral Michael

OSNN Veteran Addict
Since this is a security prompt I'd thought I would be best to post it here.

I have a simple question:

Does anyone know how to disable this completely:

It's driving me nuts.

Attachments

• annoyingprompt.JPG
    annoyingprompt.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Just to be clear you want to disable confirmation for running .exe files? It is not enough to remove the tick for each type of file as you come across them - you simply want to "click and go" on any .exe file, is that right?

Ok then try this Note I have not done this, so if it works maybe post back for the greater good ;)

well - now I have come across a useful find - M$ policy settings file can be had here whether or not that can help you - I am not sure! I'll leave it for someone else to have the next crack - maybe someone has done this, it would seem a regular enough tweak and I am sure I saw it in a magazine once - but not so sure I could find that page again!

Mainframeguy said:
it would seem a regular enough tweak and I am sure I saw it in a magazine once - but not so sure I could find that page again!

I could have swore I saw it somewhere as well.

Found the following from: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_21743383.html

Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc -> User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Attachment Manager

Set Default risk level for file attachments to "Low Risk".
Set Inclusion List for low file types to ".exe;.vbs".

If the .exe or .vbs files are located on network drives, you'll have to set other options. Open Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Local Intranet -> Sites -> Advanced -> Add the IP Address of the server which has the network share. Reboot your machine.

Hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back