America under siege?[just perris in a rant]

well that is 17 more terroritsts than troops you have over there

Damn, I try to swear off these topics but I can't. The situation in NYC, while no doubt disturbing, really can't be construed as being orchestrated by GW or the Repulican convention. That is REALLY living on the edge guys. That being said...I would NOT put it past an overly ambitious NYC-based wanna-be to have made a political move trying to get points.

Also, I know alot of you LOVE to HATE GW, but lets open our minds a bit here, and maybe our a$$es will follow, huh? For instance...

Free elections after 30 years in Iraq.
Free elections in Afghanistan, for the first time ever.
Saudi Arabia holds local elections, moving towards a female vote.
Syria ending a decades long occupation of Lebanon.
Egypt announces plans to hold free, multi party elections, for the first time ever.
Palestinians hold a free election...without corruption.
Kuwaiti women protest for the right to vote, and get a proposal to parliament.
Shall I go on???

Hey, don't get me wrong...we made mistakes. We all do. But you can't tell me GW had it all wrong. Not with those results. You can't.

There is plenty of good going on over there, but that would never grace the front page of the NYTimes.

fimchick said:
An arrogant American? Hahhahah. I'm sorry, did we or did we not come to the aid of the now EU and destroy Hitler? Maybe I dreamed it all up. Then again, maybe not. Maybe we DID help and maybe you should tell me what, exactly, has Britain done that comes even close to what the US did in WW2?

I'm not saying Britain owes us anything, but a little help, when asked for, would be nice. Oh wait, I forgot, why would anyone help us when it was our own president that had a hand in the 9/11 attacks? Silly me.

I know, you feel left out! The terrorists have forgotten about Canada and Britain. It's okay, you'll get a similar 9/11 some time soon when they decide they don't like the way you treat your women as equals, or that you have cable tv, or that you share a border with the US. We'll talk then.

As far as I know, it's not the Canadian government that's been secretly getting their hands into other countries affairs in the past 50 years or so...

I still don't see how 9/11 + terrorists are comparable to WWII.
Maybe if there were 400,000 terrorists invading the USA, we might be more willing to help out with our military of what, 60,000 troops or so.

that question will be answered in 10-15 years, remember the Vietnamese government had free elections in 1956 with an 86% approval rating. Fat lot of good it did them...

Ok first and foremost I and it seems a number of others think there is more to the whole war on terrorism then just removing the power base's for them to train and work from. As for the USS Cole that was in 2000 I believe however it was still under Clinton.

Now as for the events that happned on 9/11 and what if anything Bush had to with them before hand is semi mute point but the if the information that he was told when he took office which was the same information Clinton had at the end of his term but due to the fact that Bush was coming into office so it was felt best at time, to just let Bush handle it.

So I think that Iraq was more to get revenge on Saddam for trying to kill his father

j79zlr said:
Look at the source, the NY Times, big shock. I'm sure you believe everything Ward Churchill says as well. Sad.
ok, let's look at the source j79...are you saying you don't believe the story?

is that it?

hehe...you haven't read it (yet) in your right winged wealthy owned media, so it's not true?

you are really a treasure!

humor me then, suppose the story is correct.

tell me what you would think then.

(this is going to be rich)

j79zlr said:
well that is 17 more terroritsts than troops you have over there

We've got a couple troops throughout the world. Afghanistan for example.

[sarcasm] yeah, sing that tune %GWB did it to "save" the people of Iraq%[/sacarsm] LOL!

The Americans will be stuck in iraq for at least 10 more years fighting a civil war.
Maybe we will take care of that religious war that's been raging on for thousands of years while we are there too! If freedom and patriotism isn't reason enought to "START" a war, then it seems pretty damn stupid that people are fighting over some imaginary figure, don't you think?

j79zlr said:
Thanks for your help Canada

LMFAOWRODTHWTROME!!!! Man that is soo funny, LOL! LOL! LOL! .. I am sorry, The only thing Canada helps with is the roadblock to do anything, they are the biggest "Whining" country in the world. It is so like Canada to run with their tails between their legs, and bitch and moan about how America sux while doing what they do to destroy it's very existence lol .. man what a joke country. Canada is nothing but a pawn in the world. They have no money, power, or resources for anything.

Oh I forgot: All Hail Chretian ! The biggest loser Prime minister in the world :)

No for the rest of the country. There are so many countries out their who hate us. The thing that is funny is this: These countries who hate are the first ones to call us when they are in trouble. WE ARE ALWAYS THE FIRST TO HELP WHEN IT IS NEEDED ! Take a look at the Tsunami Relief, America donated over 800 million, that is 800 MILLION DOLLARS to it. How much did the other countries donate ?? I know it is Americas fault that happen, we some how made a invisible missile go into the ocean at the exact coordinate and explode causing the whole thing. (It must have been another one of those things we are trying to do for oil, man that blasted oil, it is the root of all this. I tell you if it wasn't for that America wouldn't be making it rain in the amazon, or snow on the artic. heck if we didn't need the oil so bad we would let the icebergs in the Arctic ocean melt and cause the ocean front property in Arizona you all dream of. Dang that oil).

We are always helping anyone anytime we can. Yet we always get stabbed in the back by those we help. I find it an insult and a joke that these countries would do this. All know if it wasn't for "America" 80 to 90% of the world would DIE, Canada being the first. We are the ones who keep that country going. If anything, instead of them running with their tails between their legs, they should be kissing our butts.

I will note that it is not all Canadians that are like that. I know people from Canada, they are some of the nicest people I know. It is the bad few who ruin it for everyone.

This is fun, break down the pest. Support the best is what I always say ... :D

Kr0m said:
We've got a couple troops throughout the world. Afghanistan for example.

[sarcasm] yeah, sing that tune %GWB did it to "save" the people of Iraq%[/sacarsm] LOL!

Canada has troops over there ?? Wow! so tell me, how are the two that they have there doing ?? What is their job ?? spit shine the boots of the real fighters ??

And I agree J7, The New York Times is the biggest liberal paper in the country. It is ironic, because the parent company of The Times is the same parent company of Fox News .. It's funny to see Fox news blasting a company that is a sister company of their, shows how diff they are ..

Hey now... come on. Canada is good for something.

• Niagara falls looks best from the Canadian side.
  • The fuel behind South Park
  • Molson XXX

Wow... short list... :)

I hate posting in these threads but I think FAR to many have forgotten what we actually were attacking Iraq for. We were attacked by terrorists and the American people were told lies of Nukes and Saddam helping terrorists. We now know that both were made up and was known to be false from the begining, the rest of this "freedom" stuff is all just damage control, nothing less.

*edit* - Oh and we cared so much about the attack diverted all forces from going after Bin Laden and instead went after a country that just happend to be a thorn in the Presidents fathers side. Two years later those responsible are still at large and are all but forgotten.

Johnny said:
HELP WHEN IT IS NEEDED ! Take a look at the Tsunami Relief, America donated over 800 million, that is 800 MILLION DOLLARS to it. How much did the other countries donate ??

U.K.

We are still counting and it's over £600,000,000

Now Johnny, go convert that into $'s wow we donated more than you did and you population is 5 times bigger than ours, you tight fisted Americans, tut tut tut.

Lee said:
U.K.

Now Johnny, go convert that into $'s wow we donated more than you did and you population is 5 times bigger than ours, you tight fisted Americans, tut tut tut.
I would supposed that's because we spent so much already ridding the world of the terrorism that would have one day made it to your door step. Don't worry... we will take care of everything, no need for you to leave that little island of yours. Remeber what happened last time you tried to leave that island. The US was born! :rambo:

Lee said:
U.K.

$774,865,813.28 not bad, it isn't more than us though. Nice to see that your country has people who care and not a bunch of liberals .. and yes I just said that it must have not been liberals who donated ;)

Sorry to troll but I love how compation and caring is measured in $'s. :(

Xie said:
Sorry to troll but I love how compation and caring is measured in $'s. :(

That isn't what I was stating. What I was stating is that people are always saying that we are in it for ourselves, I was making a point that we donate and help more than any other country out there.

Xie said:
*edit* - Oh and we cared so much about the attack diverted all forces from going after Bin Laden and instead went after a country that just happend to be a thorn in the Presidents fathers side. Two years later those responsible are still at large and are all but forgotten.

You hit the nail right on the head Xie, good job!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back