America under siege?[just perris in a rant]

mlakrid said:
Thank you Patriot.. at least ONE other person sees what basket I was putting my Eggs in...

I wish more people could see it...
Glad we're on the same page! Yeah, I end up wishing that on a daily basis...

fimchick said:
OK OK I know it's hard to read and comprehend numbers, so let me explain to you again -- 15% of our oil was imported from volatile members of OPEC, THE REST WAS FROM NON-VOLATILE. Only 17% was imported from Canada, THAT LEAVES 83% OF OIL BEING IMPORTED FROM OTHER COUNTRIES.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Not very bright are you ... I say it again Canada is your largest single source for OIL do you speak english in Atlanta?

fimchick watches to many war films, she thinks America won da vvar!

fimchick said:
Hmmmm, let's see...

We still buy more than half our imported oil from OPEC countries, 15 percent of which comes from volatile Arab OPEC countries. We import less than 20% of our oil from Canada, the rest coming from Mexico, Venezuela and
OPEC-member countries. Next time, before you go making wild claims, check the facts first.

Canada: leading the world in being just north of the United States. Heheh ok ok! Just a harmless joke =]

Edit: To clarify the first sentence -- 15% of the oil imported from OPEC comes from volatile countries.

Hmmmm, let's see...

Yes you are or were strange I guess you dont speak english in Atlanta thats all , cause you get more oil from CANADA than any other single Country now what part of that do you not understand ?

Ahh, now that you capitalize CANADA rather than OIL it makes a little bit more sense, because for a second, I thought you were a bit confused and maybe you thought I was talking about peanuts or candy wrappers.

settle down people, eh?

Don't make me send Speedy_B in here

Now that we have that straightened out, let me quote you from page 11...
"Most of your Oil comes from Canada figure that huh"

Is there anything I misunderstood in your statement? You didn't say "you get more oil from CANADA than any other single Country" but rather just made a blanket statement that we get most of our oil from you. Then, when I show that what you said is hoopla, you get uppity and upset. Hmm.

You did not understand what I had said even if I repeated it you still did not see what I was saying but as for getting all upset LOLOL look back and see what was said , ps yes we speak stupid here its how we stay in touch with our friends in Atlanta j/k dont get all mad and upset !

Kermit_The_Frog said:
This is because worldwide supply is tight and 1) gasoline demand in the US is up despite high prices - 4.3% more than 2003. Americans simply refuse to conserve. This is not trivial considering that the US, with 5% of the world's population, consumes 45% of the gasoline produced on earth.
Yeah I find it interesting that people here flip out about gas prices and then driving down the road 3 out of 4 vehicles is an SUV, or a huge truck that is used for getting groceries, but helps the driver (mostly males) feel like they are compensating for something smaller I guess.

LOL yes and if you have ever been to places like France, Italy, they have much smaller cars of course with the prices they pay another thing that helps is over there everything is closer.

I spent $55 to fill up my explorer.. and Ill be damned if I trade it in...

Ill see if I can mail myself some barrels of Oil cheap from Iraq while Im there

one more time... since Im deploying to Iraq would anyone like some pictures???

Requests??

mlakrid said:
I spent $55 to fill up my explorer.. and Ill be damned if I trade it in...

Ill see if I can mail myself some barrels of Oil cheap from Iraq while Im there

one more time... since Im deploying to Iraq would anyone like some pictures???

Requests??
When are you shipping out? Do you read SOF mag? They had some great deployment-gear guides in recent issues(if this is your first trip to the sandbox). Stay safe. Pictures of anything interesting you come across would be great!

ThePatriot said:
When are you shipping out? Do you read SOF mag? They had some great deployment-gear guides in recent issues(if this is your first trip to the sandbox). Stay safe. Pictures of anything interesting you come across would be great!

I just got the entire set of immunizations (minus smallpox) this morning. I fly out early next week. HOPEFULLY I wont be there but 3-4 weeks... were just going for site surveys on new sites they are standing up in Iraq... Afghanistan and Djibouti are on the dockett too if we get all the Iraq sites done quickly...

Everyone (even if you hate BUSH...) *cough* **eyes Perris** keep me in your prayer box please...

Oh almost forgot: CENTCOM supplied all gear needed while im there.. flack jacket with insert, NBC gear, helmet, sleeping bag (uuGGGH)

Last edited:
mlakrid said:
Everyone (even if you hate BUSH...) *cough* **eyes Perris** keep me in your prayer box please...
I don't think it matters if you support Bush or not. Just like you don't have to support the war to support our troops (though Bush seems to think so). Hope you stay safe man.

mlakrid said:
of course anyone that protects this country is in my prayers, god speed to those of you.

as far as hating Bush, I hate what he's done to this country and the world, I don't hate who he's done it too...especially our children who go in this cause

An interesting read...
More on your issue perris (why you started this thread):
New York District Attorney Forced to Drop Charges in High-Profile Arrest Case from GOP Convention:
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/04/19/1348231

Other interesting reads...
Naomi Klein On The Rise of Disaster Capitalism:
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/04/20/1427259
&
Should U.S. Troops Withdraw Now From Iraq? A Debate Between Naomi Klein & Erik Gustafson:
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/04/20/1427251
&
Colin Powell's Former Chief Of Staff Calls John Bolton An "Abysmal" Pick To Be UN Ambassador:
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/04/19/1348223

Browse the site, there's lots of stuff on there...

Last edited:
Xie said:
I don't think it matters if you support Bush or not. Just like you don't have to support the war to support our troops (though Bush seems to think so). Hope you stay safe man.

I should be fine, the only thing Im nervous about is travelling to remote sites where we do not yet have a big military presence.

All the other stations I will be going to, are rare to have anything happen except the occasional mortar of those chicken a$$ ba$tards they cant come to the front gate and try and shoot up the guards, instead they have to try and mortar us from a distance because they dont have the training or firepower to confront us head on.

:(

mlakrid said:
... those chicken a$$ ba$tards they cant come to the front gate and try and shoot up the guards, instead they have to try and mortar us from a distance because they dont have the training or firepower to confront us head on.:(

put yourself in their shoes.

they have the where with all to fight you on their terms...for some reason they don't think it's a good idea to fight you on your terms

why on earth would you think they would fight you the way you want them fight?...that's not gonna happen

this is war after all.

Last edited:
Thats the whole problem in a nutshell " they wont fight the way we want them too"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back