AMD vs INTEL

that's the reason we decided to hijack it, because it was getting too passionate....... didn't do it out of spite......

it's cool, continue with the debate, but we'll be watching to hijack it again.

:cool:

I just dont understand because YOU dont agree with it, that you try to close it down.

Sounds like censorship to me....

Hey its been fun all your guys....but im on vacation till next week, im headed to dring beer and play games.....

Cheerz :cool:

Originally posted by Iceman38
that's the reason we decided to hijack it, because it was getting too passionate....... didn't do it out of spite......

it's cool, continue with the debate, but we'll be watching to hijack it again.

And hijack all you want I dont really care. ;)

In vacation mode.....

-Grinder :cool:

no Grinder714, because it was getting too passionate, people calling other people names, saying they didn't know what they were talking about, etc.

Not because I didn't or the others didn't agree with it.

just keep it nice...

my opinion of course, and anyway I would never censor you even if I could, and I can't.

have fun, continue the debate if you want.......

Originally posted by Shawn319
(Back on topic):

One thing I like about Intel is thay tell you what your getting. Intel doesn't hide their processor speed with silly model numbers like AMD does. If you go buy a "P4 2.53GHz" Processor, your going to get 2,530MHZ (give or take 50). But if you go buy a AMD 2000 your getting 1500-1800mhz (give or take 1,000 hehe).

Don't give me that "ohh AMD running at 1600MHZ will beat your 2.4GHZ"... all I care about is the numbers :)

Ahh, my friend, but benchmarks ARE NUMBERS. And that 2.53 Ghz may run at 300 or 400 mhz most of the time (that Net burst architecture that Intel has) so really, the Athlon is faster.
All you care about is the numbers eh?:rolleyes: And another thing..buy at 2000+, it runs at 1.67 Ghz...not 1500-1800...and those silly model numbers seem to be working..and if I find the article, the government even endorses the "Mhz doesn't matter" theory.

Originally posted by UofEEE

Ahh, my friend, but benchmarks ARE NUMBERS. And that 2.53 Ghz may run at 300 or 400 mhz most of the time (that Net burst architecture that Intel has) so really, the Athlon is faster.
All you care about is the numbers eh?:rolleyes: And another thing..buy at 2000+, it runs at 1.67 Ghz...not 1500-1800...and those silly model numbers seem to be working..and if I find the article, the government even endorses the "Mhz doesn't matter" theory.

Oh FFS, Did I mention I like Strawberry Scooter crunch?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Grinder714

Oh FFS, Did I mention I like Strawberry Scooter crunch?:rolleyes:

no u didn't, thanks for letting us know.

Our high school had the best snickerdoodle cookies...they were big, cheap, and really good....sad...cause my parents own a stinkin bakery...

i've built alot of computers for other people and myself at this point my mission is to build a stable, no headache computer that when i give it to someone i never hear from them again (well other than to say its still working great)
so from years of experience and parts i have preferences and shopping right can put them together for a very good price.
unless its for a special purpose i use only intel boards and chips, nothing works better than matched components, their in bed with microsoft and you know they well always be around with support and new drivers so it always works. and other hardware always the same names...

you couldn't pay me to use another abit board, wd hard drive or nec cd drive

my p4 i didn't break $650 with for doing graphics - macromedia/adobe etc and works flawlessly

sure speed is good, but extended reliability is more important if your building them for others

oh that and doublestuff oreos.....mmmm

What Month is it? :confused:

I luv Oreo Cookies, Double Stuff. With a tall cold glass of Milk. Pint size, to make sure you've got enough. Mmmmmm Yummyyyyy. Take care now, bye bye then. :D

Tollhouse all the way

I like fresh from the oven Tollhouse cookies. Mmmm! With a big glass of Milk+. Eh me droogies? :D

So Im buzzed up, and youns have to start talking bout cookies and sh*t FFS :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back