AMD Processor Drivers

ste_w

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey All

Just wondering if i need to update my AMD Athlon Processor driver, ive never heard of these drivers before untill yesterday and have never updated them. Is it worth doing? What problems do they fix? Any improvements?

It Wont mess my computer up will it?

I Looked on the AMD Site Briefly and only found AMD Utilities and not the Drivers. Are they official or not AMD Processor Drivers?

If anyone can find a link let me know.

Please Help

Thanks

Ste

The AMD drivers are old news. They were only required for a special combination of AMD CPU release and version of windows that would not play nice together.

No updates are required and in most instances the drivers are not actually required. Installing should not cause a problem.

they're for enabling cool n queit on athlon64 cpu's. i dont like the new version 1.3.1, get the one before it

Doesn't make any difference to me with the old or the new.

Stick with what you have unless you format or something I would say.

Yeah, the drivers (as far as know) are for Cool 'n' Quiet.

It's good to run the drivers now and then. For instance, Dual core processors like the Opteron and X2, had issues while running games because of a driver problem. AMD recognized this and created a driver to fix this issue.

Yah, the drivers only are for Cool N Quiet, i didnt bother to install that on my computers, someone told me it hinders the performance...
I'm not sure what type of computer you have, but usually computer manufacturers will have any neccessary processor updates on there driver page. I know Compaq does...

There was an amd processor update for the amd 64 that didnt fix much, it required way too much work to be worth it so i didnt bother.

There's a new version of this that was released on the 30th. Version 1.3

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back