AMD Dual Durons !

Originally posted by Grinder714
Thought you guys might enjoy this on a Friday nite.
-Grinder
While it is funny, we try not to post nekkid people on this forum.

Originally posted by xsivforce
While it is funny, we try not to post nekkid people on this forum.

FFS Losen up dude, its a joke.

Damn, some people are wayy to tight.

FFS Losen up dude, its a joke.
Damn, some people are wayy to tight.
Ummm...it's well known that we don't post things like that here. Beleive me, I've seen a lot worse than that and probably have worse than that on my machine right now. Not uptight, just respectful of the rules.
Like I said...it was funny.
No big deal...just lettin you know. :)

We'll I'll tell you what xsivforce, send me your icq# or any other chat program ID and ill send it to you personally next time. Lord know I would not want to "offend" anyone. That's would be politically incorrect...and far be it for me to be politically incorrect.

Plus people are probably getting tired of our flames.

Thanks for the heads up, but damn I thought it was funny.

-Grinder

send me your icq# or any other chat program ID and ill send it to you personally next time.
Plus people are probably getting tired of our flames.
cool.

not flaming...just informing...no problem with you personally

;) ;)

So much for the credibility of this site!!

I can't beleive this site wastes time on something as stupid as this!! I use to have this site as my homepage because of it's up to the minute news on whats new in the computer world, But not anymore. Just to clue you in this pic was ALL over the internet on april 1st.

Give Waddy a break, Ill let him slide this time. :)

-Grinder

bryann : want a tissue ?

Do you think we care :)

Seeya

-------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA Grinder octalon is a beast !

NOW that will take some cooling

bryann, you joined Dec. 2nd and it took this to get you to post? I have to disagree. This site still gives some of the most useful news for XP around. Hang around. Don't let this one thing turn you off.

Yay! Waddy's decided to post one of those "what's wrong with this picture" puzzles. Let's play!

1) In the motherboard photo, there's obvious unblended sections everywhere. The most prominent is above the left socket, across the white diagonal line to the left of the vertical orange trace. There's a quite apparent joint (at 160x, if you happen to have an image ruler handy) that cleanly runs straight down the y-axis, in spite of the image being tilted slightly clockwise. If the image were more compressed than it is, it could MAYBE be written off as jpeg banding, but there's no evidence of jpeg artifacts anywhere else in the photo.

2) As we look at the rear of the chip(s), everything looks quite kosher -- until we properly scale and rotate the image and transparently place it on top of our socket. My gosh, AMD has made a chip that doesn't fit! Won't their engineers be embarrassed. The spacing between the two sets of pins is narrower than the sets of holes in the socket.

3) If you're going to build a double-chip, it's assumed that both chips are the same speed, right? Then why do we have TWO SETS OF BRIDGES? Redundancy isn't something that often comes to hardware (with the possible exception of prototypes -- and if this were a prototype, it certainly wouldn't be built in the Malaysia plant, much less have the fact advertised.) Also, this chip has the remarkable ability to bend light, as the shadows under the HSF pads are duplicated for each side of the chip, with the "middle" pad apparently taken from the upper-left. (The original image apparently showed a centre-right light source, so the shadows across the top pads would actually be falling gradually to the left, instead of centre-left-centre-left as shown in the photo.)

One could argue as well that a design such as this would be EXTREMELY inefficient and prone to burn out, since the units would be transmitting heat between one another before it ever got a chance to be dissipated by the heat sink. This is thermal engineering at its very worst. However, I'm not an engineer, so this is the one point that's simply conjecture.

I don't wanna make a fuss, but the frequency of these sorts of bogus, unverified "inside info" news postings seems to be increasing at quite a rate lately. I know it's a difficult task to verify the horde of submissions that come across Waddy's virtual desk, but as an early-on contributor to xp.org, I'd hate to see this respected news site denegrate into a tech tabloid.

I think some people are taking that Dual Duron post a bit to much to heart

BIG DEAL ! who cares, not me

The strange thing is - they post thousands of great posts and downloads here and yet ive never seen one single post here saying "Nice post" or "thanks" but when one post is a bit wrong you complain like a bunch of girls

Like bryann, hes been lurching for months and the first time he makes a post is to complain.

If it was my site i would ban you wimps !

LOL

If it upsets you this bad I would hate to see you guys handle REAL life

Your like a bunch of babies :)

I love how the threads with the most activity are the useless ones heheh...:)

Not a bit true, DrX -- we tended to see complimentary remarks about news postings all the time, particularly when the front-page remarks system was in place.

i think the quads and octs really puts this into perspective, and to begin with, how could anyone actually think they were real? what's the point?really?

there are just too many clues, the biggest being the fact that they are attached...

why the hell would they be made like that... most chips are the same size because, the manufacturers don't want to have to change the whole production line to fit some unpopular, limited sale wierdass attached dual processor

smarten up guys!

gnu's right

gnu... you are absolutely right about the heat transfer stuff... i'm proud of you!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back