• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Amd 1.4 - P4 Celeron 2.2

Hi

I Was just wondering wether to treat myself to a 2.2GHz Pentium 4 Celeron 4 xmas as i have herd they r going to b cheap? how cheap tho? i currently have a amd 1.4 processer which came with my evesham pc, is it possible to upgrade my comp an keep everything else working?

thanx

cya

ste

Taurus

hardware monkey
the 2.0ghz celerons are currently going for less than $100 usd... so i imagine the 2.2ghz will go for around $140 usd.

Taurus

hardware monkey
well, i was assuming you were going to get a new motherboard and everything.. along with a new processor.

you realize that no intel processor will work in your motherboard, right? it's a board meant for amd processors.

do you know what kind of board you have? maybe we can help you find a processor to upgrade to.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
You're going to need a new motherboard if you wish to move over from AMD to intel, personaly i'd recomend sticking with what you have.
[edit]Beat me to it :D

well i dont fancy changeing my motherboard, so ill stick with amd, are there anycheap amds out there 1.80 ghz or above?

thanx

ste

Taurus

hardware monkey
i wouldn't suggest upgrading, ste_w... first of all, you don't seem to have any idea what kind of motherboard you have, so who knows if it will even support a faster processor. secondly, the processor you have is equivalent to a 1.7ghz p4 or 2ghz celeron. so i don't think you need to upgrade.

but if you can find out what motherboard you have, maybe we can help. why do you feel you need to upgrade, anyway? what do you do with your comp?

I Have a A7A266 Socket A Motherboard.
AliMaGiK 1 Chipset
DDR RAM/ SDRam

And i wanna upgrade my comp gradually, an i dont get how my 1.4 is faster than a 2.0?

The nxt thing i wanna upgrade is my graphics card from a geforce 3 to a NV 30 :)

Thanx

Ste

Taurus

hardware monkey
like i said, the amd athlon xp 2100+ runs at 1.73ghz.

it goes for less than $100 usd here... not sure how much it is in the uk.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Get yourself a nice xBox instead :p :D
Your CPU is fine, if you really want to upgrade to an NV30 i'd recommend waiting and getting a lot of new hardware or perhaps even a new box altogether.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix