• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Adobe Flash causing Firefox to freeze

jcobb

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hi everyone.

So a month ago I had a virus and eventually had to wipe my drive and reinstall Windows XP Pro. Started adding plug-ins and noticed that Flash was causing FF to freeze. This happens even when no flash is needed - not playing videos. It freezes for about a minute or 2 and then unfreezes. It freezes when any new page is opened and/or when a link is clicked. It does not freeze when using Explorer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash but no go.

Anyone one else experience this? Any solutions to suggest?

Thanks,
Jim

Xie

- geek -
Since multiple version of both exist I would list what version of FF you are running as well as what version of flash.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
I am finding the same issue, especially with Firefox 4. In fact, there are a couple of things wrong with Firefox 4. I am about to ditch it and use Chrome full time.

jcobb

OSNN One Post Wonder
Sorry for the delay. I am using Firefox 4 and my Flash version is 10.2.153.1.

I see that Johnny has the same issue. Why would FF release this if there are so many issues? They built a pretty good rep and now risk losing a lot of users. I would have thought they would have tested better. Something as basic as Adobe Flash is used everywhere!

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Frankly, I wish silverlight would catch on more. It is a lot more smoother than Flash. It also doesn't crash your system, or cause your resources to dive bomb.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix