Adobe Flash causing Firefox to freeze

J

jcobb

Hi everyone.

So a month ago I had a virus and eventually had to wipe my drive and reinstall Windows XP Pro. Started adding plug-ins and noticed that Flash was causing FF to freeze. This happens even when no flash is needed - not playing videos. It freezes for about a minute or 2 and then unfreezes. It freezes when any new page is opened and/or when a link is clicked. It does not freeze when using Explorer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash but no go.

Anyone one else experience this? Any solutions to suggest?

Thanks,
Jim

Since multiple version of both exist I would list what version of FF you are running as well as what version of flash.

I am finding the same issue, especially with Firefox 4. In fact, there are a couple of things wrong with Firefox 4. I am about to ditch it and use Chrome full time.

Sorry for the delay. I am using Firefox 4 and my Flash version is 10.2.153.1.

I see that Johnny has the same issue. Why would FF release this if there are so many issues? They built a pretty good rep and now risk losing a lot of users. I would have thought they would have tested better. Something as basic as Adobe Flash is used everywhere!

Frankly, I wish silverlight would catch on more. It is a lot more smoother than Flash. It also doesn't crash your system, or cause your resources to dive bomb.

Not sure if it would help (as I don't use FF) but you could perhaps try the 10.3 beta (here).

10.3 beta is the one I am using now, EP.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back