Address Book

I have Windows XP Pro and I use Outlook Express.

My problem is this.

Using the Address Book all my contacts are displayed as "Last name","First name" which is as I would like it to be.

However inside Outlook Express the Address Book entries appear listed as "First name","Last name" which is not as I would like it to be.

How can I force Outlook Express to keep the same type of display as in the Address book?

Dvaid Chapple

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
I just had a look at my address book. It is already displaying last names first which is how I want it. I go to view/sort by & bam......first name is ticked. Try that & see if it changes.
Just tro recap. There is no problem when the contacts are viewed from inside Address Book. I can easilky choose the order.

The problem arise inside outlook express. Here the contacts are in the wrong order (for me) and i cannot resort them as they are seen inside Outlook express.

djchapple - I hear what you are saying and I can't find a way to change it - other than entering the last name in the first name block (with a comma behind it) and then entering the first name in the last name block - that straightens it out in OE - but then your address book is messed up big time!

All I could find was a left click on contacts and a choice to sort by "name' or "status" - neither of which sorts by last name!

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
I can't follow. My address book appears the same. Except for what I mentioned above. I can change first name, last name, no problems. There are two ways to do the names. Individually & as a group. If one is different from the other that might be causing it.

Hipster - in OE - look at "Contacts" - what is happening is the order in "Contacts" is by first name.

There is no problem in the Address Book - can change how we want - but the "Contacts" are like no choice other than "by status" or "by name" (and that is first name) - as I stated above.

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
It must be how it is set up. Mine was like that till I clicked something. Now what was that something. Maybe....under contacts right click a name & select properties/name/nickname. Have a look in there. You might have to do it to every name if that's it.

That's it Hipster - right click a name, properties, name, display and enter the name as last, first and then it will set them as alpha by last name - but ya gotta do every contact!

What a pain in the posterior!:rolleyes: