Address Book

djchapple

OSNN Addict
I have Windows XP Pro and I use Outlook Express.

My problem is this.

Using the Address Book all my contacts are displayed as "Last name","First name" which is as I would like it to be.

However inside Outlook Express the Address Book entries appear listed as "First name","Last name" which is not as I would like it to be.

How can I force Outlook Express to keep the same type of display as in the Address book?

Dvaid Chapple

try going to view ->sort by -> last name

I just had a look at my address book. It is already displaying last names first which is how I want it. I go to view/sort by & bam......first name is ticked. Try that & see if it changes.

Just tro recap. There is no problem when the contacts are viewed from inside Address Book. I can easilky choose the order.

The problem arise inside outlook express. Here the contacts are in the wrong order (for me) and i cannot resort them as they are seen inside Outlook express.

David

djchapple - I hear what you are saying and I can't find a way to change it - other than entering the last name in the first name block (with a comma behind it) and then entering the first name in the last name block - that straightens it out in OE - but then your address book is messed up big time!

All I could find was a left click on contacts and a choice to sort by "name' or "status" - neither of which sorts by last name!

Crazy!:confused:

I can't follow. My address book appears the same. Except for what I mentioned above. I can change first name, last name, no problems. There are two ways to do the names. Individually & as a group. If one is different from the other that might be causing it.

Hipster - in OE - look at "Contacts" - what is happening is the order in "Contacts" is by first name.

There is no problem in the Address Book - can change how we want - but the "Contacts" are like no choice other than "by status" or "by name" (and that is first name) - as I stated above.

Follow????;)

It must be how it is set up. Mine was like that till I clicked something. Now what was that something. Maybe....under contacts right click a name & select properties/name/nickname. Have a look in there. You might have to do it to every name if that's it.

That's it Hipster - right click a name, properties, name, display and enter the name as last, first and then it will set them as alpha by last name - but ya gotta do every contact!

What a pain in the posterior!:rolleyes:

You are suppose to do it when you create the new contact. :rolleyes: When it's done remember to back it up then the pain will never come back. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back