Active Desktop Tutorial

Jason, what happens when you try to save? Any errors?

yeesh, a new error every day.
turn off script debugging, ie options, advanced tab, disable script debugging.
try again.
let me know what happens now.

Jason, that was the easiest solution yet. Glad you got it.

PurpleSmurf, very nice start. I see you used some menus. Keep up the great work.

Now let me see more!

hmm i wonder if i can get my old java calculator working in an active desktop. it's kinda big and whatnot, but it would be cool if i could have it going as an applet.

now, to just the sdk from java and hope that is set's it up right.

ohh, and i've just been struck with an idea...i'll try it out and post with the follow-up.

hey matt, with the quicknotes is an IE window supposed to pop up for a second with C:\WINDOWS\java script:window.close(); in the addy bar? that's what i am getting. i did take the script as is from your tutorial. i don't want to spoil the surprise, but i am trying to include the quicknotes code in with someother code that i already have. anything that you can think of?

Try changing the
"javascript:window.close();"
to
"javascript:void(0);"

Make sure there are NO spaces between the JAVA and SCRIPT. vBulletin adds a space for some odd reason.

Posted by zalood
Anyone knows how to get the launched program always open maximized ??

Under shortcut properties I've tried to change Run: maximized . .
this still doesn't help . . even tho it works by testing to double click the shortcut itself.

This problem doesn't apply in launching a folder . . any folder opened maximized or the last state it was opened . .

thanks

Madmatt . . do you have the answer for maximize problem?
Desperate to have it fixed as I am using laptop with limited screen estate

thanks

hmm i gave both of those a whirl (there was a space inbetween java and script btw) yet it still didn't work right. i'm trying to embed the quicknotes into a collapsable menu. so i took the code and inserted it into the menu. oh wait, it does have an "onload" event. there is something in the script about that...let me check it out here

Piett
If you have two or more onLoad commands (even if one is present in the JavaScript for the drop down menu) you need to combine them into one. Such as..

<body onLoad="loadFile(); initwin();">

zalood, I have looked through the code, to see if there was a variable I could change that would make the layer/program launch in a maximized state, and there isn't. I could look into making the changes to get the layer maximzed.. I'll see what I can do.

madmatt . .
fyi: so far the problem is only with sol (example) . . tried with MS office and photoshop . . they all works fine and opened as windows last state.
I don't want this to take up too much of your time . . thanks anyway.

time is all I have, except I am bleeding. bah!@

Coolmon

First thing, i want to say Good work for the tutorial.

Second, i want to know what command you use to show the number of email in Coolmon.

go to the coolmon site and look for pop3.exe, dl it, then use the File Line Data command in coolmon

Here is what i have done after seeing your tutorial Matt. My wallpaper is a lot like yours but i found the idea of the code bar very cool,if you want me to change, feel free.

sKaUcH Desktop

All comments are welcome :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back