• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

A MOTHER of a heatsync!

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Well it looks OK, I wouldn't use it fanless in any reguard. Mount a decent thermal fan to that bad boy and you might have something there.

RagnaroK

Must be dreaming...
Originally posted by HandyBuddy
lol I think I'll just skip a step and take a hammer to my processor.
lol! I agree. :D
Reckon this thing can rip a hole in ya mobo, even if it is mounted to it. What a monster... :p

RagnaroK

Must be dreaming...
Originally posted by Maveric169
Well it looks OK, I wouldn't use it fanless in any reguard. Mount a decent thermal fan to that bad boy and you might have something there.
It doesn't even seem possible to mount a fan on that thing... lol :p

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
a little mini scaffolding in your rig to support that huge thinger would be in order I presume :D

that way perhaps rig the arms of the scaffolding to conduct heat to your case sides to act as a heat dissipator as well :D

think about THAT :D

Originally posted by Sazar
a little mini scaffolding in your rig to support that huge thinger would be in order I presume :D

that way perhaps rig the arms of the scaffolding to conduct heat to your case sides to act as a heat dissipator as well :D

think about THAT :D
Ya know, I had started a thread wayyy back about using the case as a HS. Everyone thought it was (paraphrasing here) kinda stupid, but it would give something else for that aluminum sided case to do! :)

Originally posted by scriptasylum
Ya know, I had started a thread wayyy back about using the case as a HS. Everyone thought it was (paraphrasing here) kinda stupid, but it would give something else for that aluminum sided case to do! :)
The point is you can't have flat thin sides. You'll need heatsink type sides.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
nah.. not using the case as a heatsink :D

more like using it to aid in heat disipation :)

is all...

that would definitely be a good idea to use the case to help heat disipation - most people have airconditioning or a desk fan to keep them cool while the pc has internal fans to keep itself cool - using the case to lose heat would give someone else a benefit of the desk fan/aircon :)

plus, having the right hand side of the case shaped as a heatsink would be a really good selling point of a case - but its back to the theory of how it would get good enough contact with the cpu to cool it (I dont think it could)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies