A MOTHER of a heatsync!

RagnaroK

Must be dreaming...
Not long ago I was asking you guys for opinions on the Coolermaster Aero7+. Now... I just recently came across this baby, and started laughing. Once you've seen this heatsync you've seen them all! LOL!

hlz500.jpg

Here's a review if you want:
http://www.dansdata.com/ncu1000.htm

lol I think I'll just skip a step and take a hammer to my processor.

Well it looks OK, I wouldn't use it fanless in any reguard. Mount a decent thermal fan to that bad boy and you might have something there.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
lol I think I'll just skip a step and take a hammer to my processor.

lol! I agree. :D
Reckon this thing can rip a hole in ya mobo, even if it is mounted to it. What a monster... :p

Originally posted by Maveric169
Well it looks OK, I wouldn't use it fanless in any reguard. Mount a decent thermal fan to that bad boy and you might have something there.

It doesn't even seem possible to mount a fan on that thing... lol :p

it looks huge, but some idea of actual size dimensions would be good

Originally posted by Ragnarok
It doesn't even seem possible to mount a fan on that thing... lol :p

Well you would have to jerry-rig it but it could be easly done.

Originally posted by Geffy
it looks huge, but some idea of actual size dimensions would be good

In the article on it I think they said it was 143mm? Something like that.

a little mini scaffolding in your rig to support that huge thinger would be in order I presume :D

that way perhaps rig the arms of the scaffolding to conduct heat to your case sides to act as a heat dissipator as well :D

think about THAT :D

Originally posted by Sazar
a little mini scaffolding in your rig to support that huge thinger would be in order I presume :D

that way perhaps rig the arms of the scaffolding to conduct heat to your case sides to act as a heat dissipator as well :D

think about THAT :D

Ya know, I had started a thread wayyy back about using the case as a HS. Everyone thought it was (paraphrasing here) kinda stupid, but it would give something else for that aluminum sided case to do! :)

Originally posted by scriptasylum
Ya know, I had started a thread wayyy back about using the case as a HS. Everyone thought it was (paraphrasing here) kinda stupid, but it would give something else for that aluminum sided case to do! :)
The point is you can't have flat thin sides. You'll need heatsink type sides.

nah.. not using the case as a heatsink :D

more like using it to aid in heat disipation :)

is all...

that would definitely be a good idea to use the case to help heat disipation - most people have airconditioning or a desk fan to keep them cool while the pc has internal fans to keep itself cool - using the case to lose heat would give someone else a benefit of the desk fan/aircon :)

plus, having the right hand side of the case shaped as a heatsink would be a really good selling point of a case - but its back to the theory of how it would get good enough contact with the cpu to cool it (I dont think it could)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back