• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

A bit of a Stutter or a Stammer ???

Z

ZAnwar

For some reason, I have a bit of a stutter, actually it could be a stammer, I don't know. I speak perfectly normal and am a fluent reader, it just happens sometimes, and that sometimes is to OFTEN !

I am only 14 years old aswell !

How could a person stop it ?

E

Eve

Speak slower, I've heard that a stutter is your brain moving faster than you're mouth. Try speaking slower and concentrating more on what you are saying if you think it's about to happen. My b/f gets a bit of a stutter if he's nervous and this seems to work for him.

I agree with Eve, you must really take the time to think, and know exactly what you want to say before you start speaking. I have heard of recording artists who stutter like crazy when speaking, but are smooth as silk when they sing because they have the words to the song memorized.:)

X

XP Abuser

ive heard that it develops when you gett butted in by somone like your parents for example and you want to get it out fast than your mouth can say it so you can finish your speach

C

Custer

There are a lot of people that stutter really bad to the point that you can barely understand them, but then again they can sing what they're trying to say perfectly. Not that you would want to sing everything you say

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies