A bit of a Stutter or a Stammer ???

Z

ZAnwar

For some reason, I have a bit of a stutter, actually it could be a stammer, I don't know. I speak perfectly normal and am a fluent reader, it just happens sometimes, and that sometimes is to OFTEN !

I am only 14 years old aswell !

How could a person stop it ?

Build your personal confidence :D
Be sure of what you are saying.

Speak slower, I've heard that a stutter is your brain moving faster than you're mouth. Try speaking slower and concentrating more on what you are saying if you think it's about to happen. My b/f gets a bit of a stutter if he's nervous and this seems to work for him.

cool thanks.

Any more contributions !

It only happens when I speak fast anyway !

Think slow... j/k

I had a friend that stutter until he turned 16. than it seemd to pass by it self...

Just look at Gareth Gates.He had a terrible stammer and got over it.;)

I agree with Eve, you must really take the time to think, and know exactly what you want to say before you start speaking. I have heard of recording artists who stutter like crazy when speaking, but are smooth as silk when they sing because they have the words to the song memorized.:)

ive heard that it develops when you gett butted in by somone like your parents for example and you want to get it out fast than your mouth can say it so you can finish your speach

There are a lot of people that stutter really bad to the point that you can barely understand them, but then again they can sing what they're trying to say perfectly. Not that you would want to sing everything you say

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back