9700 pro cheap?

Chase™

NTFS Noob
I found a ATI (Sapphire) Atlantis Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB Ultimate Edition (Retail) for $229.00 CDN was just wondering if it is a good card?

how much is that in us dollars?

it is a good card compared to what you have now... it'll at least double the performance... EP might have a better call on it since he did a similar upgrade...

Sazar said:
how much is that in us dollars?

it is a good card compared to what you have now... it'll at least double the performance... EP might have a better call on it since he did a similar upgrade...

Right now that would be 165.51 USD.

Chase™ said:
I found a ATI (Sapphire) Atlantis Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB Ultimate Edition (Retail) for $229.00 CDN was just wondering if it is a good card?

It's a really good price. They get to be pretty good overclockers, it that's what you're looking for. Also, they're quick as lighting, I've had one since their release. It's a pretty good OCer, and it still runs everything at max settings.

well it looks like an awesome deal so i think i will buy thx for your input people.. ;)

it really is a great card for the price. i paid 230 for mine back in the day

sraycoz said:
not far cry.....

Haven't thrown that at it yet. Still, UT 2k4, Doom III Alpha, things like that run great. Anyhoo, you have the greatest avatar ever to grace ntf... errr... osnn.net. :)

Haven't thrown that at it yet. Still, UT 2k4, Doom III Alpha, things like that run great. Anyhoo, you have the greatest avatar ever to grace ntf... errr... osnn.net.

thanks. and it stil runs far cry damn fine.. just not perfect ||:)

sraycoz said:
thanks. and it stil runs far cry damn fine.. just not perfect ||:)

im thinking about geting this card too. it seems like a really good deal its just that a lot of places don't seem to be selling it. ebay is selling it but i feel more secure when i buy it from some1 like google. anyway im surprised that it doesn't run max in far cry.

its a great card. i like it allthough i wish i would of waited a month anbd got a 9800 pro
but eh. i will get a X800 or better int he next year

yyea ive got the same card. Good card but forget running far cry at max settings. actually i have a hard time playing it on low...maybe i need to change my 1800+ tho..bah....=(

I am not sure I would be spending $200 for a previous gen card when there are parts coming out for the mainstream from nvidia right now (and ati in a bit) that are around $299 or so and below and have better performance...

the geforce 6800 (vanilla... not SE/GT/U or U EE) is probably the card to check out...

checking on www.pricewatch.com you can acquire one from $273 upwards...

whatever funds you have now... you can certainly wait for a month or so and get the extra $100 to get a better product

Well tried out the card with a few games and i am pleased with the card i run far cry on high settings and it runs great..
Doom 3 on high as well only x2 anti aliasing though anything higher and it slows down..u/t 2004 on high no problems at all and call of duty. o ya and the card is overclocked.
I am very happy with my purchase thx again everyone for your info :D

curious this thread popped up - I've just been trying to sort out my Sapphire 9700 pro which is having issues with UT2004.... could I ask if your cards BIOS is dated 2002/10/31? It's one of the things I've looked at in desperation, running latest Catalyst 4.8 drivers and on AMD xp3000+ with 1GB ram so not sure what else I can do....

Hate to say it but in my googling research I did hear some slightly bad things about the misleading nature of some memory claims on the Atlantis card particularly, but then again we are not paying premium for these any more (thank goodness! Got mine 2nd hand from another OSNN member around the £100 mark)

chase what to and how did you overclock your 9700 pro? i have one and its about time to get the bang for the buck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back