600 pound woman dies

Lee said:
I am not Jesus Amanda. I ate my greens and hung from Trees with weights on my ankles.
I ate all my greens but never got pasted 4' 9" :(

Sorry Lee, it's true - but I do have broad shoulders. 6'9 is crazy-tall!
Marge; you're even smaller than my sister! Crazy-small :p

good things do come in small packages (5'6" here) !!!!!!!!! just not all parts of the package are small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midget alert, I feel those nightmares coming back, being bullied by midgets.

Maveric169 said:
When I first joined the ARMY, I weighted 121lbs, I was athletic lean and cut (years of soccer and track) but I just barely made the weight requirement by 1 lbs. After basic training and Ariborne School, I weighed a whooping 185lbs and went from a pants waist size 28 to a 32 in 5 months.

A fellow Benning alumni! Hooahh! I was 137 going into basic, 140 coming out. But, I didn't need body armor, I could deflect bullets! :p
Welllll, time has taken it's toll...now up to 160, still trim for 5'10, but my wife says it's all in the right places. :cool:
You're absolutely right, while some folks have genuine disorders that cause excessive weight, there's just no excuse for laziness. You should not be able to sue McD's because you can't keep from shoving a Big Mac down your neck 10 times a week.

Evil Marge said:
I ate all my greens but never got pasted 4' 9" :(
The Mrs. is only 5'...back to that whole DuranDuran thing...you two really must have a lot in common! :)

And you're right, excellent things come in small packages.
:D

Lee said:
Midget alert, I feel those nightmares coming back, being bullied by midgets.
I have a good friend who's a little person, so I prefer not to use the "M" word. :rolleyes: I usually call the wife shrimp or runt. :p

my bro was 5'10" 135 when he went to college and left same height 220...yikes

when he went to basic he was still 220 and came out of it 160 it was really scary to see him lose that weight

Tuffgong4 said:
my bro was 5'10" 135 when he went to college and left same height 220...yikes

when he went to basic he was still 220 and came out of it 160 it was really scary to see him lose that weight
Yeah, I hear ya, it comes off FAST in boot camp. There were a few guys I went thru basic with that lost that kind of weight. In case anyone isn't aware of timeframe, we're talking 7-8 weeks for bootcamp, maybe 13-14 if your lucky enough to be Infantry and get to do basic and advanced all at once in Benning. But unlike a lot of quick-loss diets, it's a fairly healthy weight loss. Pretty much non-stop exercise. :eek: Although, once you get re-assigned to Fort Livingroom(Chairborne), that all changes. :p :rolleyes:

he was at the DLI (Defense Language Institute in California) learning Korean but he didn't gain much weight

Maveric169 said:
OK, just for the sake of argument, lets say it took 2 years to put on 200 lbs. An average person that wears clothes that fit correctly, would need to increase their pants waist size every 35 - 45lbs. Now when you have to buy new clothes 2X in a year and you have to buy larger clothes each time, shouldn't that be a sign? Shouldn't there be a little bell in your head saying "ding, ding, ding, hey, why am I having to buy larger clothes?!?"

I think people who gain it that fast, would stick to sweat pants and an expandable waist. Can't speak for them however...

Oh, the funnier one is peeps who go on fat free food crazes. They think that because there's no fat, they can't gain weight. Hence they eat more calories then they did previously.

I'm probably heavier then some (about 250 lbs) at 5' 10". But I'm also rather big boned (as my maternal grand father was). I also do some weight lifting (aka body building).

BTW, genetically, I should probably be taller. But I wasn't one for greens growing up, was a finicky eater, and have always tended to be fairly strong willed.

Son Goku said:
I think people who gain it that fast, would stick to sweat pants and an expandable waist. Can't speak for them however...

Actually we usually just buy them 2-3 sizes bigger and with elastic waistbands to begin with. Oh and sweatpants are not a good option if you are really hefty cuz they keep all the heat in and that's not good.

Son Goku said:
Oh, the funnier one is peeps who go on fat free food crazes. They think that because there's no fat, they can't gain weight. Hence they eat more calories then they did previously.
Well at least it's better than the ones that are under the dillusion that you can down 3 or 4 lattes a day and burn off all those calories with an hour or two long walk. Not to mention the individuals that think drinking sugar sweetened drinks has no affect on how many calories the ingest.

Maveric169 said:
And while I am on my rant, people that have weight problems, they know earlier on that they are having a problem but are too lazy to correct it. They wait on diets to save themselfs. People don't needs diets. They need exercise! They need to pry there asses off the coutch, or get away from the comp for a hour, set down the bag of chips and go for a walk, run, etc.

Ummm Maveric exercise without a proper diet will not really help the situation. As the individual could easily out eat any benefits from the exercise by consuming more calories than they burned exercising(believe me on this one. I used to ride a stationary bike for 45 mins a day and could lift 150lbs up over my head all the while my weight continued to slowly climb closer to my fattest) . Rather they need a proper diet they can follow for the rest of their lives (not one of the crudarsed fad diets that never have lasting results), an appropriate exercise routine for their physical condition(it is self defeating for someone who has been a couch potato for the past 10 years out of their life to decide to run 5 miles a day ande lift weights 3 times a week. much the same as it makes no sense for someone used to walking/hiking 1-2 hours a day and lifting weights 2 times a week to only walk a half hour a day) , and help in understanding why they eat when they're not hungry( bordem, loneliness, depression, etc) [/quote]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back