40.72 det and refresh rate problem

A

akuma

hey all couldnt really decide which forum to post this in but i thought this may been the most appropriate :rolleyes:

anyway i just installed the new 40.72 nvidia det driver and now i can't get any higher than 75hertz on my monitor
before i installed this driver i could get 85hertz or more
anyone know a fix for this? or know where i could download that nvidia refresh rate fix proggy that was released a while ago? also will this program work with the updated drivers?

oh also im using winxp

any help appreciated
75hertz is killing my eyes

wadada

OSNN Senior Addict
hey akuma, if you give me your e-mailaddress and or mail me then i e-mail you that new refresh rate proggy for n-vidia, my e-mail address is in my sig :D

BonyTony

OSNN Senior Addict
Try Refresh Lock

Or just download my attachment its called refresh lock and works with all nvidia drivers even 40.72 i use it and its never messed up yet.

wadada

OSNN Senior Addict
nvidia refresh rate tool 2.01

or download the nvidia refresh rate tool 2.01 here, good idea to add a attachement bonytony, didnt know that was possible, me bit new here :D

A

akuma

hey guys just an update on my situation
that program didn't work for me but anyway

i reinstalled 30.82 and what do you know i could get 85hertz again :D
thats quite strange maybe a bug in the new 40.72?
ive got a crappy gf2mx200 btw :( anyone else with the same card experience any similar problems?

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political User
i have the Geforce 2 mx200 it's a pretty good card:p i'm still on the 28's cus they work jus fine. i can get upto 100herzt but i keep it on 60herzt:D

The NVIDIA 30's thru 40's are optimized for the GF 3's and GF 4's, I believe. On my GF2 GTS the 29.42's look better than the 30.82's, which seemed to have a slight greenish cast.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut