• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

300W power supply enough??

B

bpimpdaddy21

I am building a new computer system, and I was wondering about the size of the power supply. I am building a system with more than likely the following:
Abit KR7A-133RAID
Athlon XP 1800+
512MB DDRRAM
S.B. Audigy MP3+
TDK VeloCD 40x12x48x CD-RW
Maxtor 60GB Hard Drive
Quantum 30GB Hard Drive
Iomega Zip Drive
MSI GeFORCE 4 Ti 4400
That is the basics. I am looking at an enermax case that include their 300W power supply (EG301P-VB). My Question is will the 300W power supply be enough for this? I really want this case, but I am not sure if the 300W supply is gonna be enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

T

Tbird94sc

go with a 350 but i wouls reccomend 400 as i have a lot of equipemtn and a lot of fans. better with a more powerful ps

V

VT2K

You can probably get away with the 300W, but if you may want to consider a 350. Check out pricewatch and see if you can find the case w/o the power supply and just buy it separately.

M

MAC

What you are asking is basically "I have purchased near state of the art equipement including chip, vid card, mobo, multiple hardrives etc." Is a 40.00 ps going to power this. Do not skimp here. With your list a 350W will do, and a 400W allows room for possible further expansion/multiple fans.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies