300W power supply enough??

B

bpimpdaddy21

I am building a new computer system, and I was wondering about the size of the power supply. I am building a system with more than likely the following:
Abit KR7A-133RAID
Athlon XP 1800+
512MB DDRRAM
S.B. Audigy MP3+
TDK VeloCD 40x12x48x CD-RW
Maxtor 60GB Hard Drive
Quantum 30GB Hard Drive
Iomega Zip Drive
MSI GeFORCE 4 Ti 4400
That is the basics. I am looking at an enermax case that include their 300W power supply (EG301P-VB). My Question is will the 300W power supply be enough for this? I really want this case, but I am not sure if the 300W supply is gonna be enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Im running 300w with just about the same thing there minus a harddrive. No problems at all.

go with a 350 but i wouls reccomend 400 as i have a lot of equipemtn and a lot of fans. better with a more powerful ps

You can probably get away with the 300W, but if you may want to consider a 350. Check out pricewatch and see if you can find the case w/o the power supply and just buy it separately.

Ya, I'd recommend atleast a 350-400, a 300 will support it, but better safe then sorry.

What you are asking is basically "I have purchased near state of the art equipement including chip, vid card, mobo, multiple hardrives etc." Is a 40.00 ps going to power this. Do not skimp here. With your list a 350W will do, and a 400W allows room for possible further expansion/multiple fans.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back