2007 Microsoft Office System Beta 2 Discussion

Well, I got it downloaded and installed...as has been said before, patience is the key! Now, two things:
1. Is there any way to change the colour? I am not keen on the blue of the new office programs?
2. For some silly reason, I opted to receive RSS feeds in Outlook...how do I change that option? I see where I can delete individual "messages" but I want to avoid getting any RSS feeds.

Otherwise, it is pretty awesome!

michali said:
Well, I got it downloaded and installed...as has been said before, patience is the key! Now, two things:
1. Is there any way to change the colour? I am not keen on the blue of the new office programs?
2. For some silly reason, I opted to receive RSS feeds in Outlook...how do I change that option? I see where I can delete individual "messages" but I want to avoid getting any RSS feeds.

Otherwise, it is pretty awesome!
1) To change the color, open up Word, click the Office button, and select Word Options. In the Personalize tab, you should see a Color Scheme drop-down menu that lets you select either Windows XP Blue or Windows Vista Gray. Unlike Vista, which lets you pick from a full color palette, Office only gives you these two options though.

2) In Outlook, select Tools>Account Settings. Select the RSS Feeds tab, and remove all the feeds. I believe you should also be able to delete the RSS Feeds folder after that.

Many thanks! I am sure about the grey either but at least we have a choice! I have deleted two subfolders under RSS feeds so we shall see what happens.

overall im very pleased with this beta. I like the UI, very easy to use and naviagte...im a happy kid....

SPeedY_B said:
Seems I can't activate either... It tells me I'm not connected to the net. Silly thing :D

I took over 60 attempts to activate...with same error message, with occasional "server reloading " message in between.
Appears to have been a bug or server overload issue.

I just love the whole office 2007 package but I doubt I would be able to afford the full version. Does anyone know how dysfunctional it will become after 1st Feb. next year? Will we be able to use it at all? Not that I think it should be free or cheap but I wish it could be!

When the beta expires, I believe you will only be able to open existing documents but not save or make changes to them. Subsequently, you won't be able to create new documents either. Similar to how a trial version of Office 2003 works, which comes installed in that state on some new OEMs these days...

One important thing I have found is that you should save files as 97-2003 in Word etc., as the new format cannot be read on other machines not running Office 2007 Beta. This would also apply if you had to uninstall Office 2007 and reinstall Office 2003. I love the save to pdf feature!

that is true, i save it as the new type since I usually only print things out anyways, so it dosen't matter but good point

I received my beta kit in the mail today. Just thought I would share.

This is one hot tastey beta. Oh my, it didnt take long to install, it runs smooth, it looks slick. Man, I might take a screen shot, print it and go to bed with it :eek:

cool thanks ep or was it matt for the download info, anyway downloading it now and just got the key. so vista and office in one go whoop.

not sure if this has been asked already, but does anyone know where we report either bugs, or request features for this?

I would really like to see a version of outlook which can import a multicard vcf file, currently it will only ever import the first card in the mutlicard vcf file. Windows Contacts and Address Book will import it, but you have to click OK to each contact. You can then export from Windows Contacts to multiple vCard files (one for each contact), but you cant then tell Outlook to import all of them at one time, dragging and dropping them caused Vista to switch to Vista Basic appearance to free up resources :p

Was impressed with how well Vista handled it, but still annoying that Outlook doesnt do this, especially as this is how many applications and devices export address books. Examples Apple Address Book and just about every Sony Ericsson phone exported the phonebook like this as well.

not sure if this has been asked already, but does anyone know where we report either bugs, or request features for this?

I have experienced one case of the error reporting window popping up for Office. I never gave it much look to see if there were any additions to it, but its there, just looks a bit different. Im trying to find the error reporting options though.

Oh wait!

Right click in an area on the toolbar to get the options

options> resources> office diagnostics / contact us

well you now have to pay $1.50 for the download....

Yeah, the whole "theme" in the article title really threw me off too.

I didn't say they were pretty, but they still are "themes"

You must be thinking of Window Themes ;)

Thread Moved to Beta

How have people been liking this to this point? I figured I'd ask as it's been out for a reasonable amount of time. I'm going to go to Vista full-time on my production machine when RC1 comes out, pondering loading this as well. I know you can do side-by-side with the exception of Outlook, but that's the main one I would use :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back