• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

2007 Microsoft Office System Beta 2 Discussion

#2
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

Big improvement over the initial Beta 1 UI. Looks much more polished.
Pretty cool how you can change the colors too. I'm waiting to see how the Aero Glass version looks under Vista. :)
 
#3
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

Wow the UI looks great. I really would like to play around in Outlook to see what thats all about :)
 
#4
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

NLM said:
Wow the UI looks great. I really would like to play around in Outlook to see what thats all about :)
The vertical three-pane view that made its way into Outlook 2003 was actually the first step towards taking advantage of widescreen display resolutions. When you see Outlook 12, you'll see they took that even further. Of course, for people with lower-res displays, everything can be collapsed/hidden with a single click. It's pretty cool. I'd post a screenshot, but I'm not near my laptop at the moment.

Oh, and the new charts and table designs in Excel and Powerpoint are beautiful. Some of those screenshots up there already give you a sense of what they're like. Sitting through Powerpoint presentations might finally become bearable again. :p
 

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
#5
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

I'm enjoying the new look, I posted this on my blog this morning. Looks amazing, can't wait!
 

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
#6
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

I read that Outlook was going to look similar to the current version (with the addition of new features of course). That must be the Word e-mail editor.

I also see they went back to "Microsoft Word" instead of the current "Microsoft Office Word".... etc.
 

mfarley

OSNN Senior Addict
#8
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

It looks very nice and from what I understand Excel is going to be more powerful in it's max. capacity but still not sure I'll upgrade.
 

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
#9
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

The ribbons look complicated, but apparently very easy to use. So we'll see how that goes.

Well, I was using Word 2003 today and realized something that I would love, but I don't think it's going to be in 2007. Tabs! (As in for the actual documents).
 
Last edited:

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
#10
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

Grandmaster said:
The ribbons look complicated, but apparently very easy to use. So we'll see how that goes.

Well, I was using Word 2003 today and realized something that I would love, but I don't think it's going to be in 2007. Tabs! (As in for the actual documents).
Thats always bothered me too. I hate having 5 or 6 spreadsheets open and they have to take up all of my taskbar.
 
#11
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

Tabs would be nice, but there's already a way to prevent multiple instances of Word/Excel from appearing on the taskbar.

Tools>Options.
In the "View" tab, uncheck the "Windows in Taskbar" box.

You can then switch between multiple open documents using the "Window" menu.
The keyboard shortcut to switch between them is Ctrl+F6.
 

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
#12
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

NetRyder said:
Tabs would be nice, but there's already a way to prevent multiple instances of Word/Excel from appearing on the taskbar.

Tools>Options.
In the "View" tab, uncheck the "Windows in Taskbar" box.

You can then switch between multiple open documents using the "Window" menu.
The keyboard shortcut to switch between them is Ctrl+F6.
That's a sweet tip. Too bad we can't change the keyboard shortcut.
 

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
#15
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

:p no problem

I didnt even know of that shortcut before NetRyder mentioned it. I have word display all open windows in the taskbar anyways, I don't even use tabs in Firefox :eek: :)
 

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
#16
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

Admiral Michael said:
Yes you can actually. See attachment :D Seek and ye shall find :p
LOL! I love the hand drawing numbered steps!
 

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
#17
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

Admiral Michael said:
:p no problem

I didnt even know of that shortcut before NetRyder mentioned it. I have word display all open windows in the taskbar anyways, I don't even use tabs in Firefox :eek: :)
That's blasphemy!

I can't live without tabs anymore. Any app that takes up unnecessary room in the task bar always annoys the crap out of my. I want every program to have tabs, unless it just doesn't make sense to include them.

Back on topic:

Do you guys have any idea when we might get a public beta?
 
#18
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

Yep, Michael beat me to it. The keyboard shortcut is, in fact, customizable. :)
Beta 1 TR still hasn't gone out to tech beta testers, so I wouldn't expect Beta 2 (public likely) to be out for a few more months.
 

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
#19
Re: Office 2007 Discussion (Pretty Screenshots Included)

fitz said:
LOL! I love the hand drawing numbered steps!
Thanks.

Grandmaster said:
That's blasphemy!

I can't live without tabs anymore. Any app that takes up unnecessary room in the task bar always annoys the crap out of my. I want every program to have tabs, unless it just doesn't make sense to include them.
LOL, I may give it a shot.

EDIT: nope, can't do it.
 
Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,962
Messages
673,240
Members
89,017
Latest member
loxioalix