2007 Microsoft Office System Beta 2 Discussion

well i meann't with activation, but thats always the chance you take with using beta software, I would stick to saving important work to the last stable format. ie xls

Electronic Punk said:
well i meann't with activation, but thats always the chance you take with using beta software, I would stick to saving important work to the last stable format. ie xls

I know. I'm working with 2 copies since I installed Office 2007. One on .xls until Office 2007 is officially on retail shelf, and the other using the beta version so I can play around with all those fanciful stuff... :laugh:

Possible and Stable would be two interesting scenarios. Fitz, if you are machine limited perhaps you should do a dual-boot with Vista Beta 2 or use something like VMWare?

not really machine limited.. just more don't to keep switching machines to test things..

Currently installing now on a VMWare machine.. if I like it enough, I was thinking about putting it on my main laptop at work but wanted to keep it as a side by side if it was possible (and .. mostly.. stable)

Seems I can't activate either... It tells me I'm not connected to the net. Silly thing :D

phew! thought I was loosing my marbles when it told me I wasnt connected to activate :D

hope they fix it soon :p

Edit: Just need my vista download to stop interrupting itself...

Yeah that activation box is getting ****ing annoying.

Also, although beta, I entered my username and password to setup outlook and it couldn't set up my mail automatically, had to do it the old school old fashioned way :p

Did just read that if you are an Office 2007 tester, or 2007 Office (however that works!), the keys on betaplace are VLK so you won't be pestered to activate. Can anyone confirm that?

Electronic Punk said:
Did just read that if you are an Office 2007 tester, or 2007 Office (however that works!), the keys on betaplace are VLK so you won't be pestered to activate. Can anyone confirm that?
Yeah, I just installed this build on Vista and used my old key. It didn't ever ask me to activate, and when I tried to do it manually, it says it's already activated.

Outlook 2007 is rockin' good! :)

IS msn still being a dick about .msn email address and outlook?

NetRyder said:
Yeah, I just installed this build on Vista and used my old key. It didn't ever ask me to activate, and when I tried to do it manually, it says it's already activated.

Outlook 2007 is rockin' good! :)

betaplace key with the public download?

Is there a way to ajust the top interface so that it looks more like office 2003? as it looks a bit too Fisher Price kiddy toy for me at the moment.

Hmm, I really need to try and enroll in the beta for this.

Office 2007 is on backorder. Expected delivery date June 21.

I have been trying to download the beta Office 2007 to have a look at it and each time I have to fill in details, which I do. Thereafter, I am told a message has been sent to my email verifying my application...but there is no message. How can I have a look at Office 2007...I am so anxious!

You don't need the e-mail, it just contains the key you're provided with when you sign up. At least that's how it worked for me.

Finally got a little chance to play with it having installed in on vista the other day.
Imported my emails from outlook 2003, crashed a a bunch of times during import but eventually it all went in ok. everything seems ok, I'll give it a bit to index them and try searching on them since that's once of the thinks i hate in outlook is the crappy search and the thing i miss from not having WDS on x64 :)

These days i don't use word that much so only had a little play with it, the new menu system will take some getting used to but just by looking at it i can see it would make things easier, it wasn't long ago i used word loads to write assignments and such and formatting could be a pain with having to go to submenus and dig down into options, this looks much easier

Dublex said:
Is there a way to ajust the top interface so that it looks more like office 2003? as it looks a bit too Fisher Price kiddy toy for me at the moment.

Hmm, I really need to try and enroll in the beta for this.
Why don't you at least try it? Contrary to popular belief they don't make changes like this for a laugh. If you try it out properly and then still don't like it fair enough, but one of the points of a beta is to try it out before getting the final thing. You never know, it might surprise you :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back