2 problems with my site using frontpage

Status
Not open for further replies.
argh! anyway i guess im not gonna use a background image b/c its too complicated. can any1 help me make a table box thing that has its own background color. like geffys and o 87's

prodj88 said:
argh! anyway i guess im not gonna use a background image b/c its too complicated. can any1 help me make a table box thing that has its own background color. like geffys and o 87's
*cough*

Attachments

• ahem.jpg
    ahem.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 140
prodj88 said:

Cheater caught! :p

Erm...asking for help is one thing. Blatantly stealing someone else's code is another. Did you even bother to get permission from o_87 before using exactly the same menu design? That's just sad...

I'm starting to wonder...was that intro flash animation stolen from somewhere too? :rolleyes:

ugh... you gotta be kidding me

That's so horribly lame... stealing code like that. And it's not like he just lifted a little bit of code because he liked one of the ideas... He just jacked your entire site design without any permission or mention of where he got the idea... lame, lame, lame. I came up with my site design all by myself... It's not particularly flashy or anything, but it gets the job done and it works in pretty much any browser that I can tell. Needless to say, because it was all my doing, I can say I'm rather proud of it. I don't see how you can feel good about jacking someone's site and claiming it as your own.

He sure has a way with words does progj judging by the message on his site :D

I agree - if you really want ideas, there are many free sites around with coding examples that you can use - its bad to lift. Remember, winners don't do site lifting

If you have the cash its worth getting hold of Webstyle and fooling with that to create a unique look.

He's only learning, give him a break. Every1 lifts code when they start to learn all the ins and outs.

yeah give him a lil break ;) he saw something he liked + so "acuired" the code for it, it's a great way to start as he can now break it down + understand it more before re-designing it for his own use. much quicker + easyer than starting with a blank page :p

joshuajamie said:
He's only learning, give him a break. Every1 lifts code when they start to learn all the ins and outs.

Henyman said:
yeah give him a lil break ;) he saw something he liked + so "acuired" the code for it, it's a great way to start as he can now break it down + understand it more before re-designing it for his own use. much quicker + easyer than starting with a blank page :p

Sorry, but I don't agree with that. There are several sites that provide excellent tutorials on HTML/CSS coding. I even pointed out w3schools.org earlier in this thread, which is a great resource for people just starting out with web design. I know several people who had the patience to actually look through the tutorials and create good sites even though it was the first time they were doing it. So don't tell me everyone lifts code when they start to learn. That's the lazy way of going about things. Besides, if you really have to blatantly copy code, you should at least have the decency to ask the original author before using it.

In any case, I'm done with this thread...

true hwe should have asked to use it, + never put the code online to pass as his own.

Any further inqeuries should be directed in a new thread.

@Prodj88: You should not blatantly steal someone elses design.

I can understand downloading a HTML design, and the ripping it apart on your local system to see how its put together, but dont take and then put up on the web. Sorry I just had to get that in.

All queries directed to a new thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back