2 Core to 1

zapoqx

Striking Master
Now I know there is a way to do it in Windows if you need 1 core only, but I want to know if there is a way to set a program before starting up to use 1 core from the very start instead of going to the process and trying to set the affinity to 1 core?

Thanks in advance!

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Not exactly sure what OS you're using.... but if you're using Windows 7 (or maybe even Vista... don't remember).... you can do it in a SOOOOO much easier way than using some other crap software.

open the task manager, right click the process you wish to limit, select "Set Affinity", voila.

X-Istence

Political User
Not exactly sure what OS you're using.... but if you're using Windows 7 (or maybe even Vista... don't remember).... you can do it in a SOOOOO much easier way than using some other crap software.

open the task manager, right click the process you wish to limit, select "Set Affinity", voila.
Did you read his first post at all?

zapoqx

Striking Master
What X-Istance said...
Btw hey man, long time no see!
Back on topic:
So beyond using an external program, there is no other way? geez. Windows 7: Customized the way you like it... except for specific things.

Well thanks guys!

zapoqx

Striking Master
Not really. The program American Zombie provided helped alot more and real quick. The problem then became one of the programs I wanted to use the idea for is that it doesn't know how to handle multi-core cpus so it just doesn't work the way it should regardless of how many cores is used on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did :(
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy? :(
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulianTic