2 Core to 1

zapoqx

Striking Master
Now I know there is a way to do it in Windows if you need 1 core only, but I want to know if there is a way to set a program before starting up to use 1 core from the very start instead of going to the process and trying to set the affinity to 1 core?

Thanks in advance!

Not exactly sure what OS you're using.... but if you're using Windows 7 (or maybe even Vista... don't remember).... you can do it in a SOOOOO much easier way than using some other crap software.

open the task manager, right click the process you wish to limit, select "Set Affinity", voila.

Not exactly sure what OS you're using.... but if you're using Windows 7 (or maybe even Vista... don't remember).... you can do it in a SOOOOO much easier way than using some other crap software.

open the task manager, right click the process you wish to limit, select "Set Affinity", voila.

Did you read his first post at all?

What X-Istance said...
Btw hey man, long time no see!
Back on topic:
So beyond using an external program, there is no other way? geez. Windows 7: Customized the way you like it... except for specific things.

Well thanks guys!

Not really. The program American Zombie provided helped alot more and real quick. The problem then became one of the programs I wanted to use the idea for is that it doesn't know how to handle multi-core cpus so it just doesn't work the way it should regardless of how many cores is used on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back