The update won't quite be as large as the one last year, but does bring enchancements to watching movies, getting games on demand and customising your avatar. There are many other minor enchancements as well so it will be well worth having once it is available.I am happy to announce that we’re doing an Xbox 360 System Update Preview program for our next release, and the opportunity to sign up is now available. Much like we did last year, you’ll need to visit the Microsoft Connect site from this link and sign in with your Windows LIVE ID that is connected to your Xbox LIVE Gamertag.
Once you do that, you need to fill out the "Xbox LIVE Update Preview Sign Up" survey in order to be considered for receiving the Preview System Update. We're asking a few questions about where you live, your home network, ISP connection and a few other pieces of information. We are looking for a good cross-section of our members in order to get the best feedback we can.
The Xbox team will then review all of the applications and if you’re selected we’ll send you an email notifying you of your acceptance in the program. A couple of points before you head off to register:
If you are accepted, you'll hear from us in about a week. Make sure your information on Connect is updated so we can email you if you are accepted. Also, I’ll be sure to updated/edit if the program fills up.
- We’re looking for multiple thousands of participants, so your chances of making it in are good
- This opportunity is open to all Xbox LIVE Members in regions where Xbox LIVE is available.
- Just completing the survey does not automatically get you access to the Preview Program. We’ll be making final selections from the completed surveys and send you an email if you are selected.
- While both Xbox LIVE Gold and Silver members can sign up, Priority will be given to Gold members in the selection process.
A minor update, but well worth installing regardless.Version 1.25
- Fixed WL MAC address may not be set properly. This seems to have caused various connectivity problems, including a possibility of getting locked out.
- Fixed static IP entry was ignored if it exceeded a certain length even though the GUI allowed it.
- Fixed Device List may not display Static IP hostnames.
- miniupnpd replaces the older UPnP service, adds NAT-PMP support (must enable).
- Added options for DDNS refresh time and do not perform an 'NVRAM commit' for DynDNS in the GUI.
- Added ID for WTR54GS, WZR-G108 - thanks to BaoWeiQuan; WR100 - thanks to Hovsep.
- Various fixes, WL500GP, WL520GU, WBR2G54 - thanks to Fedor.
- Added options for more SSH/telnet connect limits in Admin:Access.
- Added option to use WAN port for LAN in Basic:Network.
- Reworked logout. Tested with IE, FF, Safari, Opera, Chrome.
- Updated Busybox 1.14.0, L7 filters.