So far, feedback suggests that these drivers are pretty good.New in Release 190.38
- Adds support for OpenGL 3.1
- Adds support for CUDA 2.3 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications. See CUDA Zone for more details.
- Adds a new user-controlled power management setting for GeForce 9-series and later graphics cards (cards must already support more than one power state). This option allows users to set a performance level for each DirectX or OpenGL application.
- Includes several new control panel features and numerous bug fixes. More information can be found in the release documentation.
- Supports Microsoft’s new DirectX Compute API on Windows 7.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology* on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL,including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
- Installs PhysX System Software version 9.09.0428.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects.
- Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #3. Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
The update won't quite be as large as the one last year, but does bring enchancements to watching movies, getting games on demand and customising your avatar. There are many other minor enchancements as well so it will be well worth having once it is available.I am happy to announce that we’re doing an Xbox 360 System Update Preview program for our next release, and the opportunity to sign up is now available. Much like we did last year, you’ll need to visit the Microsoft Connect site from this link and sign in with your Windows LIVE ID that is connected to your Xbox LIVE Gamertag.
Once you do that, you need to fill out the "Xbox LIVE Update Preview Sign Up" survey in order to be considered for receiving the Preview System Update. We're asking a few questions about where you live, your home network, ISP connection and a few other pieces of information. We are looking for a good cross-section of our members in order to get the best feedback we can.
The Xbox team will then review all of the applications and if you’re selected we’ll send you an email notifying you of your acceptance in the program. A couple of points before you head off to register:
If you are accepted, you'll hear from us in about a week. Make sure your information on Connect is updated so we can email you if you are accepted. Also, I’ll be sure to updated/edit if the program fills up.
- We’re looking for multiple thousands of participants, so your chances of making it in are good
- This opportunity is open to all Xbox LIVE Members in regions where Xbox LIVE is available.
- Just completing the survey does not automatically get you access to the Preview Program. We’ll be making final selections from the completed surveys and send you an email if you are selected.
- While both Xbox LIVE Gold and Silver members can sign up, Priority will be given to Gold members in the selection process.