Microsoft and Apple, along with a handful of other tech companies, find themselves strange bedfellows after being sued by a small company over a touch-screen patent.
The lawsuit, originally filed on July 15 in Texas Eastern District Court, alleges that Apple’s iPod, Microsoft’s Zune and other media-playing devices all use touch-screen technology invented by Tsera.
Microsoft and Apple are finding themselves the target of a small technology company named Tsera, which is alleging that both the Zune and iPod, along with several other devices, violate its touch-screen patent.
Nor are they the only companies in the cross-hairs; Tsera is seeking damages from 23 tech entities in total, including Bang & Olufsen, LG Electronics, Philips Electronics North America and Mach Speed Technologies. None of the defendants has issued a statement on the matter.
The lawsuit, originally filed on July 15 in Texas Eastern District Court, alleges that Microsoft’s Zune, along with Apple’s iPod and a host of other mass-market media players, violate a touch-screen patent filed by Tsera’s representatives in October 2003.
Tomato Firmware is a free HyperWRT-based, Linux core firmware distribution for mostly Broadcom chipset based wireless routers, most notably the Linksys WRT54G (including the WRT54GL and WRT54GS), Buffalo AirStation and Asus Routers. Among notable features is the user interface, which makes heavy use of AJAX as well as an SVG-based graphical bandwidth monitor.
- Fixed WL MAC address may not be set properly. This seems to have caused various connectivity problems, including a possibility of getting locked out.
- Fixed static IP entry was ignored if it exceeded a certain length even though the GUI allowed it.
- Fixed Device List may not display Static IP hostnames.
- miniupnpd replaces the older UPnP service, adds NAT-PMP support (must enable).
- Added options for DDNS refresh time and do not perform an 'NVRAM commit' for DynDNS in the GUI.
- Added ID for WTR54GS, WZR-G108 - thanks to BaoWeiQuan; WR100 - thanks to Hovsep.
- Various fixes, WL500GP, WL520GU, WBR2G54 - thanks to Fedor.
- Added options for more SSH/telnet connect limits in Admin:Access.
- Added option to use WAN port for LAN in Basic:Network.
- Reworked logout. Tested with IE, FF, Safari, Opera, Chrome.
- Updated Busybox 1.14.0, L7 filters.
Foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
Here are the changes that come with version 0.9.6.8:
- Fixed WavPack playback over HTTP.
- Fixed weird shell extension behaviors with the “folder context menus” option active.
- Fixed weird behaviors of the “stop after current” option.
- Worked-around problems with dodgy Ogg streams produced by speexenc.
The most recent version of Fedora, Red Hat's cutting-edge Linux distribution, provides users of Red Hat's more staid and stable Red Hat Enterprise Linux an early look at what's to come in their operating system of choice.
In addition to serving as sort of a Linux technology preview, Fedora 11 can itself serve in a full gamut of Linux roles--as long as Fedora-embracing users are prepared for the upgrade and bug mitigation that can accompany the use of such a fast-paced distribution.
Organizations in search of a freely available Linux server for production roles would do best to steer toward CentOS, which tracks RHEL and benefits from the bug-squashing efforts of the Fedora vanguard.
In my tests of Fedora 11, the biggest improvements were in the area of virtualization, with the Red Hat-led toolset around creating, accessing and managing virtual machines across multiple hosts continuing to mature.
As a virtualization server, Fedora still lags behind proprietary options such as those from VMware in functionality and polish. However, the fast clip at which Fedora's tools are progressing bodes well for the next major RHEL version.
Fedora 11 can also serve well in desktop roles, as it includes the latest and greatest of desktop-oriented open-source software, including Version 2.26.1 of the GNOME desktop environment, Version 3.1 of the OpenOffice.org productivity suite and Version 3.5 Beta 4 of the Firefox Web browser
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS