World Cup 2006

We dont know if it was going to be yellow or red it was red when he was shoving and shouting , unless the ref went public and said other wise , I think it is possible it was a yellow that he was going to show, of course now it makes no difference , but we still dont really know, we just guess.

If the ref was going to send him off for just the foul alone, he would have reached straight for his cards.

If the ref was going to send him off for just the foul alone, he would have reached straight for his cards.

There was no time between the foul nancy boy running in and running his mouth, the push and shove and whatever Wayne said the ref was going to card him yes , like I said was it yellow or red before the pushing and whatnot , we cant know but shoving after the whistle could draw a yellow, the first foul a yellow, 2 yellows = send off ... its a thought no one knows , I dont pretend to know, I am giving a guess.

Elizondo dismissed the England striker after 62 minutes when he appeared to stamp on Portugal’s Ricardo Carvalho.
Rooney then shoved Cristiano Ronaldo when his Manchester United team-mate protested at the foul.
And Elizondo said: “I’m 100 per cent certain it was a red card.
"When players feel there has been an injustice they complain a lot. But in this case, there were no protests. That shows it was no mistake.”

Wayne's Euro blow
WAYNE ROONEY will miss the start of England’s Euro 2008 qualifying campaign following his stamp on Ricardo Carvalho in Gelsenkirchen.
The striker could be hit with a three-match ban by FIFA, who are meeting today to discuss the red card.
Because England are already out of the World Cup, the suspension will be enforced in the Euro 2008 qualifiers.
A FIFA spokesman said: “The suspension will carry over into the next round of competitive matches and the disciplinary committee will decide the length of sanction.”

I take it back its seems the ref was going red, my guess was wrong.

Yah, I thought initially it was also because of the shove but the replays clearly showed the stomp and Elizonda was right there. If not for those replays, I woulda thought the same as you Kermit.

I dont think roon meant to stand on the bloke. I think he just lost his balance and it looked bad.

You know thats what he said also, but hey you know the Luck the brits have at these games, we just plain stink lol

I took my 1st week vacation so as not to miss the finals , GO ITALY!!!!

Forza Italia !!!

-edit-

Cracking game. Best one of the whole tourney IMO. Italy deserved it after hitting the post twice.

GREAT performance.

It really was a fantastic game end to end and back and forth!!!! Italy has never been beaten by the jerry's in WC so that holds true again today.

Well played by the ref too. He should be in the finals. He was fabulous.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back