Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

There is going to still be a Feb CTP? Everything I keep hearing is April, although that could be the CTP that is labelled as Beta2 (which I didn't think they were going to do anymore, but the more releases to play with the better I guess)

I haven't heard any thing on the CTP front following the Beta 2 Preview. It would be nice if they updated it more than they have with the AntiSpyware beta.

had a quick play with IE 7, quite nice. tabs are nice, RSS stuff is very nice. overall look is very good. Nothing at the moment that would make me move back from FF though. extensions rule

NetRyder said:
Click those and see if they work properly first. Then try importing your backed up favorites file. Let us know what your results are if you decide to try this.

I always backup my favorites and that change nothing, I can't use my favorites....... Anyway it's a bug I waiting final version it's better for me lolll

Electronic Punk said:
There is going to still be a Feb CTP? Everything I keep hearing is April, although that could be the CTP that is labelled as Beta2 (which I didn't think they were going to do anymore, but the more releases to play with the better I guess)
Yeah, the feature-complete Vista build is supposed to be released later this month. Not yet sure if it's a TAP-only release, or something that we'll get our hands on too. The next build after that is in April which, as you said, could be considered Beta 2, although they aren't officially calling it that anymore.

madmatt said:
I haven't heard any thing on the CTP front following the Beta 2 Preview. It would be nice if they updated it more than they have with the AntiSpyware beta.
I was talking about the Vista CTP, not IE. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :)
I'm guessing Beta 2 of IE 7 shouldn't be too far away either.

When [if ever] are they going to include apha-PNG support and at least a little CSS2 compliance? The box model problem still exists as well.

I had thought CSS2 was going to be included within IE7, maybe that feature is still in development?

Hi All,
after the time taken waiting for IE7 I see nothing exciting about it at all.There doesn't seem to be anything that others haven't done better. Perhaps it's just me. The only problem I had with it was that msn's home page wouldn't display correctly. Again maybe something gone haywire when I downloaded it.Still we'll give it a whirl it's still got a way to go I know.If it had kept up with other offerings it would have been really something by now.
Just my observations.
Regards to all, George.

j79zlr said:
When [if ever] are they going to include apha-PNG support and at least a little CSS2 compliance? The box model problem still exists as well.
Huh? PNGs work perfectly now. Test here:
http://entropymine.com/jason/testbed/pngtrans/
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/PNG/inline-alpha-table.html

The box model overflow issue has been fixed too:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...-us/IETechCol/cols/dnexpie/ie7_css_compat.asp

He's right... Works fine for me.

I'm going to have to check my work computer, I swear it was displaying my div's incorrectly on my site.

Someone do me a favor and go to my webpage www.j79zlr.com and tell me if IE7 is requesting you to run an ActiveX control? For some reason it is asking me to install a quicktime object?

j79zlr said:
I'm going to have to check my work computer, I swear it was displaying my div's incorrectly on my site.

Someone do me a favor and go to my webpage www.j79zlr.com and tell me if IE7 is requesting you to run an ActiveX control? For some reason it is asking me to install a quicktime object?
now, that is the most sophisticated spam to get people to a site I have EVER seen

EXCELLANT...reps coming

just kidding of course, but I love your site j79

I don't have ie7 so I can't help

Last edited:

so far the only thing I have needed CSS wise which the new public preview doesnt include is the :before and :after selectors, that or its missing the content property

IE7 is not respecting the #Menu a:hover tag for this page:

http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/noClickHere

They seemed to have fixed the three-pixel bug, but still have the float bug:

http://www.positioniseverything.net/floatmodel.html

another one:

http://archive.webstandards.org/css/winie/inline.html

some more:

http://archive.webstandards.org/css/winie/pseudosdemo.html

They seemed to have fixed some. I know this is a beta, but every other popular browser renders these correctly.

j79zlr said:

I visited your site, wasn't prompted to install anything.

Interesting, do you have the Quicktime ActiveX control installed already? I can't figure out why it is doing this, there is no media on my site at all, it only seems to be doing it on the index page.

Nope, only ones I have are the Shockwave ActiveX and Office Update ActiveX

j79zlr said:
Yeah, I get the yellow bar asking for "Windows Media 6.4 Player Shim"
Wonder why that is.

As for the CSS issues, those are some good links. As you said, some issues have been fixed, others might be coming in the next build. Nonetheless, it would be a good idea to report any rendering (or other) problems by sending an email to IETell@microsoft.com or using the Beta Client Tool.

How is the mem usage of this thing?

And how is the mem usage over time and with multiple tabs open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back