Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

NR, are you having issues with the back function? I click the button on my mouse to take me back and it goes back two pages. However, when I check the list it shows the page it's skipping over when it goes back.

NetRyder said:
Didn't you try just a normal uninstall first?

Couldn't see it in the add/remove list. Didn't know it was classified as an update. :p

Another thing I've noticed, if the site cert (for SSL) doesn't meet all three requirements the address bar turns red and says cert error). It also doesn't display the cert as a dialog, instead it displays as a web page with a continue button.

I believe I read that IE7 turns on ClearType fonts, maybe that is the issue? I am not sure why anyone would be using non-antialiased fonts. To be quite honest, the only reason I use XP over 2k is cleartype and the GUI overhaul.

j79zlr said:
I believe I read that IE7 turns on ClearType fonts, maybe that is the issue? I am not sure why anyone would be using non-antialiased fonts. To be quite honest, the only reason I use XP over 2k is cleartype and the GUI overhaul.
Yes, ClearType is enabled by default. It can be disabled if you go into Tools>Internet Options and select the Advanced tab.
I personally can't stand non-antialiased fonts either. :)

thansk ill give it a try

Downloaded, installed, works great for me :D

I can't use all my favorites that s**ck I uninstall it:dead:

lkyng said:
I can't use all my favorites that s**ck I uninstall it:dead:
What's exactly was the problem? If you don't give us any details, there's no way we can help you.
Then again, if you uninstalled it so quickly, maybe you weren't looking for any help at all...

Just downloaded and installed. It follows some firefox features but not all... I like it compared to the last.

NetRyder said:
What's exactly was the problem? If you don't give us any details, there's no way we can help you.
Then again, if you uninstalled it so quickly, maybe you weren't looking for any help at all...

What do you want to know??? I clik on any favorites and nothing only my home page clik clik clik clik and nothing:dead:

I post my problem to Microsoft and It's not onlly me have thios problem

Read Here

Last edited:

NetRyder said:

i did what it said..and it just goes through then at the end it says it couldnt install, ill reboot and try again..

after i rebooted

Here are somes screens..i did what it said...weird...im sure im doing something wrong, but after 5 times...i dont see why not..

Attachments

• error 2.JPG
    error 2.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 398
  • checked.JPG
    checked.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

failurbydesign said:
i did what it said..and it just goes through then at the end it says it couldnt install, ill reboot and try again..

after i rebooted

Here are somes screens..i did what it said...weird...im sure im doing something wrong, but after 5 times...i dont see why not..
Sounds like there's a conflict somewhere. I noticed you have a number of background processes running (WindowBlinds, Yahoo Widgets, BitComet, WLM, MSAS etc.). You might want to close them all before starting setup. I also noticed the Norton SystemWorks icon on your desktop. If you have NAV running in the background, you could also try disabling that temporarily before running the installer.

In any case, make sure you report the issue using the email address or the bug reporting tool on the page I linked to above. This is a pre-Beta 2 build so it's okay now, but you shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops with the RTM build. Reporting your problem could help them isolate and identify the cause.

lkyng said:
What do you want to know??? I clik on any favorites and nothing only my home page clik clik clik clik and nothing:dead:

I post my problem to Microsoft and It's not onlly me have thios problem

Read Here
Posting your problem on the newsgroups was a good idea. You might get an answer if someone is able to identify the cause of the problem.

In the meantime, here's something you can try. Export your IE6 favorites to a file so that you have a backup, then delete all of them so that your favorites list is empty. Then run the IE7 installer again, and once it's installed, try adding some sites to the list manually. Click those and see if they work properly first. Then try importing your backed up favorites file. Let us know what your results are if you decide to try this.

NetRyder said:
Sounds like there's a conflict somewhere. I noticed you have a number of background processes running (WindowBlinds, Yahoo Widgets, BitComet, WLM, MSAS etc.). You might want to close them all before starting setup. I also noticed the Norton SystemWorks icon on your desktop. If you have NAV running in the background, you could also try disabling that temporarily before running the installer.

In any case, make sure you report the issue using the email address or the bug reporting tool on the page I linked to above. This is a pre-Beta 2 build so it's okay now, but you shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops with the RTM build. Reporting your problem could help them isolate and identify the cause.

I closed it all and diabled NAV, and i got the same error....weird, i cant do a lot.....cant uninstall .net framework 2.0 beta 2, get IE 7 to work, VMware runs like crap (picture looks all weird)...man ill stick to games...HA!

Last edited:

I'll be checking it out on my laptop, as I guess it won't work under x64 (which tbh, is a system I need to be stable anyway)

Electronic Punk said:
I'll be checking it out on my laptop, as I guess it won't work under x64 (which tbh, is a system I need to be stable anyway)
Yeah, I wasn't too concerned about the lack of x64 support either. I probably wouldn't have installed it on the desktop anyway.
It's fine within the VM for now, and I might be reverting my laptop from Vista to XP in a couple of days until the Feb CTP is released.

failurbydesign said:
I closed it all and diabled NAV, and i got the same error....weird, i cant do a lot.....cant uninstall .net framework 2.0 beta 2, get IE 7 to work, VMware runs like crap (picture looks all weird)...man ill stick to games...HA!
Disable any running processes, Windows AntiSpyware, NAV, any firewall, any thing and every thing that you can. Close all open programs and go from there.

My Father had the same problem and closing/disabling everything took care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back