Windows 7 Public Beta Download

Ok, anyone want a product key for 32- bit Windows 7? I used a Greasemonkey method and I grabbed some keys on Microsoft's site. Here you go:

I've removed the keys because I'm not sure if I'm allowed to publish them.

Last edited:
I gave number one to a relative of mine, Gigabot. Thank you very much :)

Gave up on Microsoft this morning, download started out at about 1.14MB/s, then slowly died. Yoinked a torrent from TPB, downloading steadily ever since.

Just managed to get a key too, the site seems to be dishing them out now, got a few by accident actually, opened the bookmark in a few tabs by mistake, and they all happened to work :D

for some reason with my tripple boot setup with easy bcd, i cant get windows 7 to boot, within vista the W7 drive is "W" but when i boot with f10 into W7 it says w7 is drive "c"...if i havent lost you any ideas?

I vaguely remember Vista dual booting swapping the partitions around so the system is c

It has been on my MSDN subscription since the 7th or 8th, so it should be on Technet as well I believe.

I found it, Saz. I was looking in the wrong area.

finally the weekend for me, going home right now and installing, cant wait!

People like this? I was hoping MS learned from Vista, instead they copied Vista GUI and thus negated all improvements under the hood. :( Here's hoping for Windows 8 before they bribe game developers to make games incompatible with Windows XP.

Just finished a dual boot with my vista laptop, I never needed a key, I am very honest when I say I do not see a Giant difference between the two. but hey thats just me.

Just finished a dual boot with my vista laptop, I never needed a key, I am very honest when I say I do not see a Giant difference between the two. but hey thats just me.

A lot of effort went into performance and memory usage... You won't be able to see that just looking at the UI... other changes are usability... you'll find them as you use it for a while.

Overall I think this could have been pushed as a service pack or 'R2' version of Vista, but Microsoft wants to get away from the bad publicity around Vista.

It does seem stable... I've only had a couple of minor issues with compatibility (Mostly driver installers that check the OS version and just state they're not compatible... set the compatibility for the install file to 'Vista' and they worked perfectly and the drivers are fine)

Currently running it on two laptops and my home system.

For a moment there I thought you were referring to someone as an "ass clown" but then I realized that the poster above had the username "assclown". :D

I thought the same thing and laughed pretty hard :D

A little late to the party, but wanted to point out a few things I have heard and don't know if they have been confirmed as of yet. You can activate the Windows 7 Beta with a Vista RTM key. The Windows 7 Beta expires August 31st of 2009, and you can also install the Windows 7 Beta as many times as you like. Theoretically, this also means that we can share keys.

I got mine off TechNet earlier this week, no problems at all because I think I snuck in before the internets were hammered :p

signed in + got key right away, downloading at ~750KB/sec :D

About the only difference I have noticed is in performance.
But, that is slight and may be negated completely when SP2 is released for Vista.
Will now wait for beta 2 build.

Theoretically, this also means that we can share keys

I tried activating a second copy of Windows7 with the same key from our MSDN subscription that I used on my laptop... no go. Don't know if the keys from the other links are different in that regard.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back