Windows 7 Public Beta Download

I'm not sure what the issue is. They let people use the keys and the beta keys are limited but they aren't limited to how many people can use them. When beta testing is done they can kill those limited number of keys. Only having a limited number of keys used for public beta testing makes things far easier to keep track of. The keys are so easily accessible that it's silly and if you downloaded the ISO from Microsoft for the OS then there is no reason why one couldn't also get the beta key.

Microsoft isn't asking for anything special or beyond acceptable. You are entitled to your opinion, of course, Xie, but I really can't understand your somewhat overblown anger (?) with the situation.
No anger, just the fanboy posts here make the Mac distortion field a joke. :) I was just stating that it's silly that MS limits feedback only to those who use a key, when a key is not needed to install (when most everyone is using 1 of 5 keys anyways). :)

Johnny said:
He hates windows - MAC user. That is where it is coming from.
Yes I have a Mac ( you have a MAC address as well ;) ), but I also have a Windows box. Just hate to see the continuing fumble by MS and them trying to push Windows 7 as something new.

any kind of product evolution offers something "new" over its predecesor, they have every right to push it as something new because it is new.

Granted its not the radical uproot and change that Apple does occasionally but Microsoft has too many customers to be able to get away with that.

Am I reading these posts correctly? I'm getting the impression that people are complaining about there being only 5 product keys floating around for a beta version of Windows 7. Not sure why anyone would want there to be more keys available or unique keys to be exact.

Yes I have a Mac ( you have a MAC address as well ;) ), but I also have a Windows box. Just hate to see the continuing fumble by MS and them trying to push Windows 7 as something new.

good pund - I am with lord on this. This has to be pushed as something new or it won't sell. Every company does that. No matter how different the change, or if there is a change at all.

good pund - I am with lord on this. This has to be pushed as something new or it won't sell. Every company does that. No matter how different the change, or if there is a change at all.
I understand why they are doing it, Vista bombed. I just wish they had actually change GUI to make it usable. Seems MS learned nothing from Vista and are just hoping PR works better this time around so they don't have to waste as much money tricking people into using the OS (Mojave). :)

ming said:
Am I reading these posts correctly? I'm getting the impression that people are complaining about there being only 5 product keys floating around for a beta version of Windows 7. Not sure why anyone would want there to be more keys available or unique keys to be exact.
Not complaining about the amount of keys (could have used 1 or 1000 for all I care), was more of an observation of MS saying "FU" to anyone that didn't use a key (though one wasn't required for install) in order to send feedback. It seems with the demise of Vista they would want all the feedback they could get for Windows 7 and wouldn't institute this silly limitation.

I just wish they had actually change GUI to make it usable.

I'm not sure why you think the GUI isn't usable... works very well for me, both the Vista UI and the Windows 7 UI. Oh, wait... it's not Mac OSX... must be fundamentally flawed.

Initial reports on Windows 7 are that it performs better on the same hardware than Windows XP. My wife is loving her laptop with Windows 7 on it... and it's barely a step above a netbook. I have no complaints about it... seems stable... much more stable and compatible than I would expect from a Beta build.

I installed java on it and checked to verify the installation - The Java site listed the os as being vista lol ..

I'm not sure why you think the GUI isn't usable... works very well for me, both the Vista UI and the Windows 7 UI. Oh, wait... it's not Mac OSX... must be fundamentally flawed.

Initial reports on Windows 7 are that it performs better on the same hardware than Windows XP. My wife is loving her laptop with Windows 7 on it... and it's barely a step above a netbook. I have no complaints about it... seems stable... much more stable and compatible than I would expect from a Beta build.
Sorry fanboy, I got a XP box too and don't really mind the GUI on it at all (though I do like OS X better). I just think Vista GUI is a step backwards (which is just my opinion). You Windows boys are really touchy and really shouldn't be making fun of the "distortion field" at all.

Oh and I know that Windows 7 performs better, I stated that earlier in the thread. My problem is I dislike the GUI, if I'm running a GUI OS I want something I can use.

Sorry fanboy, I got a XP box too and don't really mind the GUI on it at all (though I do like OS X better). I just think Vista GUI is a step backwards (which is just my opinion). You Windows boys are really touchy and really shouldn't be making fun of the "distortion field" at all.

Oh and I know that Windows 7 performs better, I stated that earlier in the thread. My problem is I dislike the GUI, if I'm running a GUI OS I want something I can use.

Personally, I'd prefer to drop Microsoft altogether... not going to happen in my line of work (at least in the foreseeable future) so I'm kinda stuck...

That said, Windows 7 is a step above everything they've had to date.

I still don't get why you think the GUI is worse than XP... in fact, with a few options and tweaks you have pretty much the exact same GUI... with the exception of a few things moved around in the Control panel... The only thing I don't like too much is the new 'libraries'... but I can see their place in a home network (My wife loves it)

the new taskbar is going to take some getting used to, but I like how they stole the ultramon feature of pulling a maximised window away from the screen edge to restore it.

I didn't see if it would drag a maximised window over to the second screen still maximised though.

I am curious how that will affect ultramon in windows 7 though seeing the slow development pace on it.

Personally, I'd prefer to drop Microsoft altogether... not going to happen in my line of work (at least in the foreseeable future) so I'm kinda stuck...
I don't mean to be overly invasive (so you can pass if you want), but what is that you do, and how does that change what OS you run at home?

The shutdown of general availability for the Windows 7 Beta will occur in 3 phases over the course of the next few weeks:

->Starting January 27th, the Windows 7 page will be updated with a warning that time is running out on downloading the Windows 7 Beta and that we will be limiting downloads shortly. People will be encouraged to register and start the download of the Windows 7 Beta sooner rather than later.

->February 10th, new downloads of the Windows 7 Beta will no longer be available. People who have already started their Windows 7 Beta download and have not yet finished will still be able to finish their download and are encouraged to do so.

->February 12th, people will no longer be able to complete their download of the Windows 7 Beta. Anyone who hasn’t finished downloading the Windows 7 Beta will be unable to do so.

SOURCE:http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/wi...ailability-for-the-windows-7-beta-to-end.aspx

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back