Whats your Job ?

I work for alcatel bell in Belgium, monitoring and troubleshooting worldwide ADSL - WAN's. Work on getting my CCNA, and the next goal is gettin MCSE...

Greetz

Lukas

I do tech support for 15 software titles for Mitchell International...yeah the car book guys gone technical...so I deal with dumnass bodyshop guys all day and surf the net while my custs are looking for that damn ANY key... A+ cert and working on network + and eventually when I get around the linux cert...but with 3 little ones hard to get anything done.

For my sins i work on providing tech support for ADSL custs for one of the biggest adsl isp's in the u.k. The work environment sucks at the moment but life goes on, trying to establish a computer repair/care centre at the mo. You really wouldnt believe the no. of numptys that we get on (or maybe they are just end users lol) I am currently drafting a petition to get a minimal amount of training for all computer users, hey I know we are all newbies once but you have to at least be prepared to learn ;) Jamichel, do you want to sign my petition? lol :) :)

My story:
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/stuthewise/

I used to work for eBay. Then they fired me. Before that, I did tech. support for Windows, that is until Microsoft fired me (noticing a pattern?) I also did support for MSN for one day... easily the WORST job of my entire life.

I am a Support Technician that monitors and troubleshoots an Access Control System that encrypts, encodes, maintains, authorizes and uplinks the out of band control authorization stream to 3 satellites that deliver digital cable television to more than 20 millions customers in North and Latin America.

I know SQL, UNIX and NT as well as having my CCNA and CCDA.

A Search and Rescue Helicopter Crewman working in the UK :D

Don't have a job anymore, been retired for several years. Started supporting myself at the age 17 when I join the USAF. After four years of service I spent another 32 years working in Petrochemicals. Started as a plant operator and worked my way up to upper management. My first computer experience was an old Blue IBM 1800.

I bet there is no one on this forum that knows about the IBM 1800?

I'll shut up before you go to sleep.

:eek:

Avionics technician (electronics tech) in the RAAF down in the land of oz. But at the moment i'm doing a hypobaric chamber job, I.E taking aircrew to altitute and taking their oxygen away and let them get hypoxic (reducing the oxygen available to the body) whilste making them do maths, draw a five poiunted star etc. Can be quite commical sometimes.

Four and a half months till long service leave (three months full pay) yee haaa....

I am the Lead Guest Service Agent, and Senior Night Auditor for a Marriot Hotel (read: Front desk) And, as it just so happens, i should own this hotel, because in the last 3 months we have gone through a whole management change and employee turnover, so i am the only employee (excluding housekeepers) that has been here longer than 3 months.........kinda sucks, cause everyone else is stupid........i'm just glad that none of them know much about computers so i can hack the admin settings on our front desk computers and use the internet and play games without anyone knowing......muahahaha.....heh, working at a hotel really sucks......except for the fact that you meet lots of attractive women and most of them have money!

oh yeah, i forgot, another good thing......i can stay at any Marriot hotel in the world for $35 a night....pretty sweet, heh

ICT Operator (Information Communication Technology)

|Teie Seccondary High School| |Adm. Section.|

Network and System administration,Web server NT4.0, Support, Service, Upgrades.. blablabla etc

Also working with..

Xperience.org Team

Xtraced Team

Re: What's my job ?

LMAO, likewise, working for very large UK ISP as tech support. My favourite quote so far this week:

ME: "can u double click on my computer for me please?"
CUSTOMER: <long pause> "Why do i need to click on your computer?"

wheres that petition gone send it my way :)

Originally posted by jamichel2000
Oh Lord by me a ticket to the end of the world....

I'm a Helpdesk Tech for Internet........try that for a week and you'll go back to driving trucks......no joke

Here's one:

Me: Lady, please click on the right button of your mouse and go on....

Her: I'm trying, I'm trying but it's hard to do with my foot sir..

Me: NO mam the mouse is not to be use as a pedal for a sewing machine.........pls put the mouse on your desk and use your hand rather that your foot...

Her: Oh...that's why I can not do anything on that machine.....I was ready to bring it back to the store.....

That's a true story. Troubleshooting on the phone is not an easy task. I've heard weird things and I'm about to go on with a petition asking for at least 5 or 6 hours of training for people buying computers for the first time.

Seriously, try it for awhile and you'll need Valiums to get back to your everyday mood.........

:rolleyes:

kohoutec : hahahahhaaa

Please dont tell me you work for UK2 .. when i lived in UK i sued them and my webserver got hacked and used for DDos attacks :(

lol no far far worse than that. i fear to mention there name though im afraid!

I am a broken down wire burner. Or in other words, a retired (through injury) boilermaker/welder.

Now I play around with these infernal computers and loving it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back