War on Iraq

Originally posted by kitct
My first post in that thread concernin true believers in bold.

yes... and I was wondering what TRUE BELIEVERS are ?

:)

please explain in detail coz in your post it just seems you are takinbg the pi$$ out of anti-war sentiments...

Oh yes... I'm filled with joy.
The Iraqi people are free... they will all now wear too-too skirts and dance in the daisy fields forever.

Lets not argue about the results of this war just yet, because so far there aren't much positive results... just anarchy and lack of any authority.

What we do have is an invasion to a country at an excuse of "National Security" then "Weapons of mass destruction" and finally when none where found in a short period "Freedom to the Iraqi people".

talk to me about the outcome in 10 years, because for now , there are none (except one missing dictator).

As for the well respected Mr William Kristol, I think i'll pass on his well educated opinions.

Originally posted by Benny
Oh yes... I'm filled with joy.
The Iraqi people are free... they will all now wear too-too skirts and dance in the daisy fields forever.

Lets not argue about the results of this war just yet, because so far there aren't much positive results... just anarchy and lack of any authority.

What we do have is an invasion to a country at an excuse of "National Security" then "Weapons of mass destruction" and finally when none where found in a short period "Freedom to the Iraqi people".

talk to me about the outcome in 10 years, because for now , there are none (except one missing dictator).

As for the well respected Mr William Kristol, I think i'll pass on his well educated opinions.

:D

no sarcasm there... yup... none at all

I think Goerge Bush and his poodle Tony Blair should be sent into Iraq to look for the weapons of mass destruction they believe are there. Just in case they are boobie trapped, we dont want to loose too many useful people now do we.

Also the CIA is now saying that they may not be able to find the wmd themselves, but will be able to find the paperwork instead. Well I just hope they remove the CIA, DoD and Presidential letter heads from each page.

Without full evidence verified by an objective body (neither US nor british) I will never believe the US. This is because it is in the best interests of the US and UK to find these weapons.

If no weapons are found, then I would not be too surprised if there was a whole slew of attacks against the coalition in retaliation for an unjust war.

The looting seen on CNN and others may not be looting at all. I believe the people of Iraq are just trying to hide their belongings and national treasures from what they interpret as an envading force.

Originally posted by Geffy

Also the CIA is now saying that they may not be able to find the wmd themselves, but will be able to find the paperwork instead. Well I just hope they remove the CIA, DoD and Presidential letter heads from each page.

How much help do they need? Just look above...:D

Originally posted by SnookBooger
The looting seen on CNN and others may not be looting at all. I believe the people of Iraq are just trying to hide their belongings and national treasures from what they interpret as an envading force.
Oh yes, i also have a ancient vase that i comfortably store in the local museum :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SnookBooger

yes... the la riots were not riots at all... there were just trying to protect their belongings and those of other people from the corrupt cops on the streets...

I think Goerge Bush and his poodle Tony Blair should be sent into Iraq to look for the weapons of mass destruction they believe are there. Just in case they are boobie trapped, we dont want to loose too many useful people now do we.

Without full evidence verified by an objective body (neither US nor british) I will never believe the US. This is because it is in the best interests of the US and UK to find these weapons.

If no weapons are found, then I would not be too surprised if there was a whole slew of attacks against the coalition in retaliation for an unjust war.

Why are you people thinking that now? Who would be dumb enough to start a war, on no proof?

Oh yeah....... Bush and Blair! :mad:

Originally posted by ZAnwar
What happened, did you finally admit defeat? :huh:

why do you envy everybody?..you see..like I told you before..the historians were fillin' your "EMPTY" head with lies and hatred....the war is over and the Iraqis won't listen to you!

i don't want iraqis to hear me, i want those people to hear me who were for the war!

Originally posted by ZAnwar
i don't want iraqis to hear me, i want those people to hear me who were for the war!

perhaps they are ignoring you for now... ?

I was just wondering... I saw on the news last night (although of course we do not always believe what's on the news) that some Shi'ite Muslims are campaiging for an Islamic state. Now the Coalition plan is for elections to be held to decide the future government of Iraq.

If the Iraqi people voted to have an Islamic state as their form of government would this be 'allowed'... because essentially an Islamic state would be a dictatorship?

It's puzzling me this because firstly it would be a democratically elected dictatorship so what could we do?

Secondly though - it would be a dictatorship so that's not really what we were after is it?

Mubbers

Originally posted by Mubbers
I was just wondering... I saw on the news last night (although of course we do not always believe what's on the news) that some Shi'ite Muslims are campaiging for an Islamic state. Now the Coalition plan is for elections to be held to decide the future government of Iraq.

If the Iraqi people voted to have an Islamic state as their form of government would this be 'allowed'... because essentially an Islamic state would be a dictatorship?

It's puzzling me this because firstly it would be a democratically elected dictatorship so what could we do?

Secondly though - it would be a dictatorship so that's not really what we were after is it?

Mubbers

quite a conundrum... there is one islamic state with a democratically elected official in power but still subject to the whims of the mullahs..

iran... and khatami being the elected official...

I dunno if the current administration would support it... we shall just have to see... they have said they will let the iraqis govern themselves but at the moment the us is treating iraq like a renegade US state... telling everyone else to step off 'its' turf...

we;ll find out in more detail soon enough..

is a democratically elected dictatorship ok?
If thats the peoples will... but for some reason the word "Hitler" keeps echoing inside my head.

If Iraq is now controlled by Shia Muslims, then the war with Iran will stop as Iran is a Shia country aswell.

To you Benny, Hitler was a dictator, to me he was a very good man, apart from the fact that he weren't Muslim!

Please don't ask me why, this is not a religious debate!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back