War on Iraq

Originally posted by ZAnwar
If Iraq is now controlled by Shia Muslims, then the war with Iran will stop as Iran is a Shia country aswell.

To you Benny, Hitler was a dictator, to me he was a very good man, apart from the fact that he weren't Muslim!

Please don't ask me why, this is not a religious debate!

zanwar... perhaps you should really try and tone down the religious rhetoric.. I think most of us get your point about you being superior to everyone else... because of your religion....

please...

it is quite inflamatory...

Hitler was a dictator, to me he was a very good man, apart from the fact that he weren't Muslim!

again..I REALLY don't blame you:) you never studied history never ever your parents taught hatred and gave you lies...I don't know who said this but I say it to you " You don't control the world by guns but by bread"

Originally posted by Octopus
again..I REALLY don't blame you:) you never studied history never ever your parents taught hatred and gave you lies...I don't know who said this but I say it to you " You don't control the world by guns but by bread"

First of all, I am studying History in school right now :p . Second of all, how do you know that what I have been taught is wrong. You don't know what I have been taught, you can't even say if it is false! You weren't there 1400 years ago, when it all happened, so shutup!

To you Benny, Hitler was a dictator, to me he was a very good man, apart from the fact that he weren't Muslim!

You ****ing had to go there... you wont get much flaming out of me.
But let me tell you one thing, if you where standing right next to me at this moment, i'd make sure that from that moment even the word "Hitler" would make you shrivel up in a shaking little ball.
maybe that would have serve you as a short History 101 class :rolleyes:

Feel free to ask me why, i'll make it religious for you.

Hitler was a vegetarian painter, Musollini was a History teacher. They come from the weirdest parts of society

cool it lads :D

no need to get the thread closed for useless reasons..

now... it is a pretty known fact that islamic states are generally dictatorships... there is nothing inherently wrong with that... depending on the implementation..

many western countries are now democracies and there is nothing inherently wrong with that... but you do have a very different value system compared to nations which are dictatorships and it is not correct to ask to have these same values adopted to replace the old ones...

it is a nations identity that is changed with things like this...

as for hitler... he is somewhat of an enigma... he and his regime participated in many heinous acts.. but @ the same time he and his regime displayed aspects of brilliance which is quite astounding... ie some of his military generals were quite well versed in the art of war... and hitler himself was a prety good orator...

Originally posted by Geffy
Hitler was a vegetarian painter, Musollini was a History teacher. They come from the weirdest parts of society

hitler painted vegetarians ?

damn... he sure had varied interests eh ?

now that Iraq has got no controller (because Saddam can't be found), why does America/Britain want to intervene, why not let the iraqis choose their leader? or better yet, make it into a republic!

Originally posted by Sazar
hitler painted vegetarians ?

damn... he sure had varied interests eh ?
No he painted vegetables

"I cant get this tree... Damn, I will kill everyone in the world"

that kind of thing

No he painted vegetables

"I cant get this tree... Damn, I will kill everyone in the world"

that kind of thing

sounds like a right 'ol chap...

wonder if he hit the pub after painting the hops 'n stuff...

:D

is a democratically elected dictatorship ok?

I know that's what I was wondering...

But it seems likely that this might happen. Self inflicted dictatorship... :eek:

What could we do then??

Mubbers

your not suppose to do anything, why do you have to interfere? :huh:

your not suppose to do anything, why do you have to interfere? :huh:

if you read through this thread... you will understand that the stated reasons for a pre-emptive strike on iraq were for US national security...

the 'rebuilding' of the nation is also taken upon by us since it is us who destroyed the leadership that was in place...

go through the history of war and you will see this happen everytime...

except on this occasion the US has said it will not interfere with iraq and look for personal gains...

that remains to be seen...

I agree with the need to assisinate Saddam, just not the strategy. In the end, Saddam continues to live while many hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's have lost their lives, homes, and personal belongings.

I dont think that they consider themselves 'free'.

What happened in Baghdad does not necessarily give the bigger picture on what is happening on the outskirts of the city where people are poor and non-educated.

America went in looking for weapons of mass destruction. They have found nothing.

America went in looking for Saddam, they havent found him.

So my question is did America win the war?

America did the same **** on Afghanistan, but the Sheik Omar and Osama still run free.

Pretty stupid of America to play bully and say on this date at that time I will be at your front door. Saddam was long gone. They told Afghanistan the same thing. America needs to stop with the egotistical bull****.

News now reports that Saddam may have been minced during the airstrikes in day one of the campaign...

of course take this with a pinch of salt but who knows?

Mubbers

Originally posted by Mubbers
News now reports that Saddam may have been minced during the airstrikes in day one of the campaign...

of course take this with a pinch of salt but who knows?

Mubbers

I don't think thats true, Saddam could have long gone somewhere, why would he stay?

I don't think thats true, Saddam could have long gone somewhere, why would he stay?

You think Saddam would "prefer" to go somewhere else and leave behind billions of dollars in cash and palaces(where he was waited on hand and foot) and yachts and personal treasures and on and on?

Doesn't sound like the guy I've heard of.

He makes me think of a tick on a dog.If you pull on it to remove it,the head remains.Dead of course,but still attached.The only way to get the head of the tick to "let go" of the dog is to apply a flame from a match or lighter or whatever to it and then it will release itself.Possibly still alive but not for very long.

Saddam was willing to sacrifice the inhabitants of his own country to stay put.He did not and would not leave.The only way that he would leave is on an involentary basis ie on a stretcher,incompacitated and on his deathbead.

You are talking about money?.......

If Saddam really wanted/needed his money, why would he let people loot banks, museums, etc...?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back