Valve's Steam

Steam Update Feedback - 15th January 2004

I would like to say that this update was painless but it just doesn't seem to be the case. The entire Steam network seem to offline and once Steam returned the webpages were unavailable for a few hours following.

But, all is well now, and here is my feedback from todays release:

- I did actually get into a game quite quickly and manage to shoot Erik Johnston with a deagle, which was nice.
http://www.ntfs.org/users/electronicpunk/PunkKillsErik.jpg

Now lets go over the changelog!

COUNTER-STRIKE:
- Fixed bug where shield would be invisible if a player picked the shield up immediately after throwing a grenade.
- The round timer is now disabled when the bomb is planted.
- The winning defensive team now gets the same amount of money whether they win by round timeout or not ($3250 instead of $2000)
- Players on the offensive team who survive the round due to a round timeout no longer receive money the next round.
- The Terrorists get an additional $800 per player if they plant the bomb but lose the round.
- Fixed exploit where when a player died they could sometimes join the other team during the same round.

A few nice bug fixes, I haven't really played enough to see the new cash system working.

ENGINE:
- Fixed custom decals not being downloaded from the server correctly.
- Fixed custom decals drawing incorrectly for the host of a listen server after another player joins.
- Fixed vgui textures being corrupted after going over a number of level changes.
- Fixed problem where player would be sometimes be forced to look straight up after task switching in and out of game in fullscreen d3d mode.
- Fixed problem in sound system where it wouldn’t properly be shutdown at the end of a .wav file.
- Fixed banner picture not working correctly in HLTV.

Custom decals were working in local games for me before the update, but were not afterwards they were also not working on internet games either. So it doesn't look to me like they were fixed at all. None of the other bugs applied to me, but it's nice to see things getting fixed.

VGUI:
- Changed the way that Asian fonts are displayed in game for compatibility on more platforms.
- Optimized VGUI to use less system resources when running on the desktop.

The in game font looks a little different, I don't have the old version to compare it with but I reckon it is slightly less bold. A nice change I guess, I can only guess that this is due to asian fonts being added? Less system resources are always something nice of course!

GAMEUI:
- Fixed error message that was cut off when a player was disconnected from a game server.

A nice little bug fix, now we can actually see why we couldn't get on a server.

SERVER BROWSER:
- Fixed Opposing Force not showing up in the server browser game filter.

Opposing Force is back in the server browser, excellent news for the five people that play it.

Other stuff I have noticed

- The Friends games now work again, before todays update they were actually crashing Steam when I attempted to play a game with a friend.

Bugs

- I guess I should reitterate that custom decals don't work

- It could have been the server I was on, but that would just be plain odd. It seems the count for the number of players on each team are in the wrong place, I really need to confirm this tho:
http://www.ntfs.org/users/electronicpunk/steamerror.jpg

- I guess I should reitterate that custom decals don't work

Blimey, downloaded Steam over 700MB :eek:
Need the whole thing though, as I have that quad HL pack with all 4 games in.

K guys go easy :p....i'm more used to playing UT2k3..
:eek:they actually have gravity here? lol

Anyways, been through the thread and added you all, I think?
I'm registered as Erbman First name Erb 2nd Master

Whilst setting up friens had a quick chat with punkandcoke,
he was fragging like a good-un, so left him to it.
Hope to see you all for a game soon :D

xsivforce said:
I need to break out UT2K3 again.
Yeah, do it m8, ;)...I'm usually playing under the same name in that too,
so look us up if ya do. It'll be fun!

I have a stupid problem with Counterstrike. I can't mute specific players. I hold tab to bring up that scorebox thing with all the player names but I don't get a mouse cursor. I move the mouse and it moves the gun as if I didn't have the tab button down, and left clicking fires the gun. It works in Team Fortress Classic, so why not in Counterstrike?

Press escape and look for players list in the bottom left.
You can mute in there.

We are working on getting Valve to readd the old way via the scoreboard.

hmmmmm i now have half-life ;)

what steam download do i need?
Half-Life Steam Installer: (211.6 MB) or Full Steam Installer (includes caches for all games): (723.4 MB)

i've been playing CS, not very good yet :)

hmm, I know there still are bugs with custom sprays...but just curious, how to do the full color one? I make 8-bit 64x64 bitmaps, and those are all fine, but i want to be 1337 and have a color one :) I only ask because I know that the custom config some people used before pisses steam off (like versions of statsMe, which tell you to flush CS cache when they find them in directory)... yea, so then, any simple route?

bart.jpg
:rolleyes: sorry, im a lazy punk

henyman d/l the steam cs downloader...that one has all the cs files in it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back