The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

Finally managed to get my messenger syncing with my contact list which syncs with my outlook contact list.

Its all working and a beautiful thing!

Cingular is about three months behind. Annoying.

There isn't one coming for the HTC MTeor which kinda sucks, but I have been playing with a non-legit copy of WLM for Mobile5 and even have found a workaround for an issue I was having which I know has been passed to the developers.

My personal state in the beta has been on pending since February, so I am hoping this will get me in as its really cool.

http://www.modaco.com/WLM-Mobile-Sync-Issues-t254112.html

It's not bad. I got in on the beta and I was using it. They just released a refresh a couple weeks back.

Yeah, thats the one with that issue. I can get the latest versions, I just can't get to the newsgroups - I hate them, but its the places where you need to find people using the same software.

The new 8525 ROM is finally available.

http://www.america.htc.com/support/8525/software-downloads.html

Will update after I update.

Update #1: I couldn't install the new ROM using my Vista box. The installation would hang when "detecting OS". I installed ActiveSync on my XP test box and fired up the new ROM. It is now updating (13%).
Update #2: 26% now. Yes, I am bored.
Update #3: Now syncing with my Exchange Server for the first time. I am glad to report that AT&T has loaded even more bloat with this ROM than any previous ROM.

I don't really need AT&T Music or Mobile TV, but AT&T knows what's best. Oh, and there's no way to uninstall any of the BS. Still no Green theme.

Update #4: HTC pulled the update already. I wonder why.

Last edited:
Yeah, the HTC updater doesn't seem to like Vista.

At least I have the green theme on 5 :p

Sadly its protected, tried to send it to someone else on bluetooth.
Bizarre its not in there, perhaps there will be a proper HTC rom soon enough?

This was an official release from HTC and AT&T.

Here is the change log for the latest 8525 ROM.

• New Daylight Saving Time rules.
  • Push To Talk
  • Cellular Video
  • "Wireless Modem" is replaced with "Internet Sharing".
  • AT&T Music
  • Includes Music player, Shop Music, Music ID, Streaming Music, Music Video and Community.
  • Access to MediaNet via WiFi without having to change the device connection settings.
  • Network Icons have been updated:
  • Show E icon when EDGE is detected.
  • Show 3G icon when UMTS is detected.
  • X-Button application-
  • Allows the user to determine what the X button does when tapped (close program or minimize program). This will help the user manage available memory
  • Branding will be updated to reflect AT&T rather than Cingular.

Hmm, matches alot of the stuff the MTeor got when updated to AKU 3.3.1

I am sad to report that I have parted wasy with my 8525. Decided to sell it, go to a cheaper phone and plan.

I miss it terribly :(

I couldn't find it here but just did a quick skim, can I update my Moto Q for WM6? Also, is there a way to sync two accounts (personal email, contacts, calender & work email, contacts, calender) and merge them on the phone but have them separate as the are on my home and work computer...?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back