The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

I've been using the xp beta of active sinc before it went live and see no differance over the previous active sinc app

what are the differances madmatt?

Beta 2 was out for quite some time. Now that it has RTM I assume only minor changes and bug fixes were made.

Beta 2 was out for quite some time. Now that it has RTM I assume only minor changes and bug fixes were made.
but I didn't see any differance between the beta and the official release in the first place

what are the improvements in this active sinc over the previous?

They removed the word "BETA" from the title bar? I'm not quite sure to be honest since I have moved onto Vista. I looked for a change log and as usual Microsoft has not provided one.

Sorry pal.

They removed the word "BETA" from the title bar? I'm not quite sure to be honest since I have moved onto Vista. I looked for a change log and as usual Microsoft has not provided one.

Sorry pal.
but but but

I mean what made this version beta in the first place?

I didn't see any improvement in anything, I saw no added features over the previous version

so what made it beta?

HTC was supposed to send me a free car charger; I filled out the form and mailed it, three months ago. Hasn't happened.

Here you go Derek and other 8525 owners. Vanilla flavored WM6.

Are you the proud owner of an Cingular / AT&T 8525 or other variant of the HTC Hermes WM5 handset? If so, you will be glad to know that some regular users/experts on that particular device have managed to get the newer Windows Mobile 6 OS onboard for that oh-so-good-upgrade feeling we all know and love. The residents over at xda-developers have posted a near-final WM6 ROM for that sweet Hermes from a recent carrier leak, with these niceties: an anti-CID / SIM lock was hacked, a custom installer was made and even a few apps were pre-installed on the WM6 ROM that may be begging to live inside that Hermes you have in your hand or pocket. Get it quick, though, as rumor has it xda-developers will be pulling all ROM images down, like, this week.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=295456

PS - I'm passing on it until it is official.

They say it's "near-final"
I wouldn't let a pre-release ROM anywhere near my $xxx device. :D

^^Word up, especially since there is no insurance on data phones. I may even wait for a Service Pack (sarcasm) :p

It doesn't even include Windows Update.

Gonna send a big email to HTC as I have lots of questions about my Breeze.

I got a TXT from Cingular earlier, I need to update my device for the DST changes because I haven't yet :p

I think I'll wait until the weekend :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back