Superbowl XL

Sazar said:
Remember the rose bowl?

EVERY game nowadays is no longer lost by the players, instead, the officials are blamed.

Give it a rest. It was not the fault of the officials that the seahawks had crap clock management. It was not the fault of the officials that big ben couldn't complete a pass.

Instead of second guessing the officials and blaming them for EVERYTHING, how bout a little extra talk about how crappy the teams played?

:cool:

You are being as one-sided on this as you are accusing others of being.

Yes, Seattle sucked it up a lot. They deserved to lose with the way they managed the clock at the end of both halves.

Pittsburgh also sucked it up at times, especially in the first quarter.

That doesn't take away from the fact that the officiating was sub-par. If it were just a few Seattle fans whining then I wouldn't even mention it. The fact is that it is all over the Internet and sports talk radio. Derek posted a great example of that above. Even the sportscasters during the game expressed their displeasure with some of the calls.

EVERY game is not won or lost by the officials. Nobody made that generalization but you -- obviously you aren't being serious.

Officiating is a job, and like any other profession you are expected to do your job well. Like I said, if it was just the city of Seattle complaining then I wouldn't lend an ear to it, but if the whole country is talking about it then there needs to be some accountability from the NFL and the officiating committee. I'm not asking for the Super Bowl to be re-played or the outcome changed, I simply want the officials to know that their play will be judged, just as they judge the play of the teams.

The Rose Bowl was not influenced by the officiating. Look regardless of how you feel the only thing you can hope for as a coach is consistency in official, they make consisitently good calls or consistently bad ones. Either way you can plan for it, an inconsistent official is the bane of everybody. The Superbowl officials are the elite of the elite, all officials are graded by coaches after each game, those with consistent scores are then given the playoffs, and the highest scoring official team is then given the Superbowl. Which makes the blown calls highly unusual in a game of this magnitude, and a reason why people point out the officiating.

Sazar said:
One-sided how?

I don't care for either team :cool:

I meant that one side holds the officials at fault and one side doesn't. Didn't mean to imply a favorite team. :)

Ha, does anyone in this thread actually have a favorite team that was in the Super Bowl? Mine is the Patriots so they were gone so i don't really care.
I just want people to realize the injustice. Also i think now the Steelers are realizing that they did get a break and probably it has made winning a little less sweet. I just think it would have been nice for a first time team to get the glory(rightfully).
BTW I only stated my tv size as a joke cause the others were:)

I like Kansas City.

Bummed they didn't make the playoffs, happy they got Herm Edwards :)

Sazar said:
EVERY game nowadays is no longer lost by the players, instead, the officials are blamed.

Give it a rest. It was not the fault of the officials that the seahawks had crap clock management. It was not the fault of the officials that big ben couldn't complete a pass.

Instead of second guessing the officials and blaming them for EVERYTHING, how bout a little extra talk about how crappy the teams played?

:cool:

I don't doubt who won and who lost. Or who would have (steelers) if the officiating would have been par. But that is the concern I have. Refs.

As far as teams? I like the Broncos. Cept for our damn hippie QB.

I simply state that it was the worst SB game I have seen due to bad calls.

And we can agree to disagree.

Steevo said:
I don't doubt who won and who lost. Or who would have (steelers) if the officiating would have been par. But that is the concern I have. Refs.

As far as teams? I like the Broncos. Cept for our damn hippie QB.

I simply state that it was the worst SB game I have seen due to bad calls.

And we can agree to disagree.
Agreed!

Lots of people in here who expect referees to do their jobs well. How embarassing.

hahahahahhaah...

keep crying.

Steelers would win if ALL the calls went against them.

Double reverse goodness.

I thought Americans knew their own game. This thread proved me wrong.

I could care less who won the game. I think I've made that clear several times in this thread and you would know it had you read it. Triple reverse backwards goodness.

Canada sux ! lol/jk ..

It is no argument that the steelers would have won. It's just people are looking for a reason to blame for the hawks loss. There were bad calls, but, anyway you look at it. The steelers would have still won. The hawks missed to field goals and one touchdown. If worst case scenerio, the hawks would have had 13, and the steelers would still have ended up with between 14 and 21 ..

Johnny said:
Canada sux ! lol/jk ..

It is no argument that the steelers would have won. It's just people are looking for a reason to blame for the hawks loss. There were bad calls, but, anyway you look at it. The steelers would have still won. The hawks missed to field goals and one touchdown. If worst case scenerio, the hawks would have had 13, and the steelers would still have ended up with between 14 and 21 ..

Remember that the Hawks had a TD called back on account of offensive pass interference -- pushing off by the receiver. That is a judgment call and cannot be reviewed, however it's been a big part of the controversy. Had it been a no-call then the Hawks would have more than 13.

The Hawks should have made at least one of those two missed FGs.

Disclaimer: I am neither a Seahawks fan nor a Steelers fan.

Off-topic -- Does Martin Smith refer to Delirious?

muzikool said:
Remember that the Hawks had a TD called back on account of offensive pass interference -- pushing off by the receiver. That is a judgment call and cannot be reviewed,

It was (watch replay) pushing off by the receiver.

The ref was 10 feet away with a clear view (watch replay)

It was challenged, and reviewed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back