Superbowl XL

BAD CALLS!!!!
Not that im a steelers or a seahawks fan (patriots) but Hasselback went to my highschool so...
- Jack

vanquished said:
BAD CALLS!!!!
Not that im a steelers or a seahawks fan (patriots) but Hasselback went to my highschool so...
- Jack
Thanks for the link.
- Jack

muzikool said:
Great game? That's not majority opinion.

It could have been a great game if...

- Pittsburgh could have made forward progress in the first quarter.
- Seattle could have capitalized on MANY opportunities.
- The refs had not called phantom holding calls, a phantom "low block" by Seattle's QB, and a phantom TD.
- Seattle had understood it was the Super Bowl and managed the clock at the end of BOTH halves.
- The Seattle receivers had awareness of where they were in regards to the sideline.

It was almost exciting, but it never really was.

Seattle had good D and steelers didn't figure it in any capacity till the 2nd quarter.

Seattle had its chances, it had some bad decisions though and 2 missed field-goals.

The refs holding call was for a hold. I watched the game on a 30" HD projection setup, it was clear there was a hold. The O-line dood plainly grabbed the defensive player.

The low-block was a bad call but who cares. Hasselback had already thrown an interception.

The phantom td I assume refers to the offensive pass interference call. It was a good call, the offensive player clearly created separation by using his arm on the defensive player. The ref was right there. Excellent call.

Moving the ball over the line after Big Ben was down was ****ty. Not reversing the call was even worse.

51" Toshiba, DVR. Is nice for reviewing plays.

I have to agree with Steevo here. This was a badly officiated game. The holding calls were correct, but the touchdown by Big Ben was not. This as a whole was a badly officiated playoffs, remember the Troy Polamalu interception that was not an interception.

The ball broke the freakin plane.

Read the rules.

The ball broke the plane on the first dive. After he was down, yes he moved the ball OVER the line but that was inconsequential. The ball CLEARLY broke the plane and therefore the call was good.

Sazar said:
The ball broke the freakin plane.

Read the rules.

The ball broke the plane on the first dive. After he was down, yes he moved the ball OVER the line but that was inconsequential. The ball CLEARLY broke the plane and therefore the call was good.
I completely disagree. I watched the play over and over again on my 56" dlp tv with hi-def cable and i can tell you it definately did not. The guys was freakin stopped, I mean come on how unfair can they get to the seahawks, i'd say it was even worse than the calls against the patriots when they lost their shot.
- Jack

If the ball touches the theoretical plane of the line, it's a touchdown. End of story.

Vanquished, I see your 56" high-def and I raise you a 30' high-def projector display.

Per the rules, there has to be conclusive evidence the ball never broke the plane, since the replays did not show that, it was a TD.

Like I said, end of story.

stop fighting guys. There is no point. You won't change a single thing.

X-Istence said:
stop fighting guys. There is no point. You won't change a single thing.

No, no, they will prove to the nfl that the seahawks actually won the game :cool:

I just wanted to add that living in the Detroit area (burbs) I have to say that the Superbowl festivities last week were well done. The city itself still has a long way to go because of economic issues, and a poor excuse for a mayor. It cleaned up nicely and stood out to be a success. detroit always gets its fair share of putdowns, (crime, urban decay, ect...I just hope this becomes a building point for its future...:) :smoker:

vanquished said:
I completely disagree. I watched the play over and over again on my 56" dlp tv with hi-def cable and i can tell you it definately did not. The guys was freakin stopped, I mean come on how unfair can they get to the seahawks, i'd say it was even worse than the calls against the patriots when they lost their shot.
- Jack

It wouldn't matter if you had a 680 inch high def dlp television. The ball hit the line. He was pushed back. Forward progress gave it to him. So face it, the call was good. And the hawks lost. There is no changing that now. The hawks had their time in the bowl. they will never be there again .

tdinc said:
I just wanted to add that living in the Detroit area (burbs) I have to say that the Superbowl festivities last week were well done. The city itself still has a long way to go because of economic issues, and a poor excuse for a mayor. It cleaned up nicely and stood out to be a success. detroit always gets its fair share of putdowns, (crime, urban decay, ect...I just hope this becomes a building point for its future...:) :smoker:

They thought the same thing when the olympics were in atlanta. It didn't change it at all. I see what you are saying though. I have relatives who live in detroit, they all work for the big three. They tell me the same thing you just said.

I know one thing. I wish I could get off school tomorrow to go down to pittsburgh to see the ticker tape parade .. That would be cool to watch. It's a shame that the Bus and Ward aren't going to be there. They went to Disney World ..

It's not just posters here ... I've been hearing it through the media from all directions. The officiating had a major impact on the game, and again, I'm not favoring either team, so I think I have a fairly unbiased view.

ESPN Article: Officiating was Less Than Super

What about the rest of the season, when the officials were screwing the steelers trying to get indy to the bowl ?? You didn't see nearly as much trash talk towards the officials then. It just goes to show the lack of respect the steelers. It is like they are the most hated team in the NFL. Nothing they do will get any good reviews or credit ..

Johnny said:
What about the rest of the season, when the officials were screwing the steelers trying to get indy to the bowl ?? You didn't see nearly as much trash talk towards the officials then. It just goes to show the lack of respect the steelers. It is like they are the most hated team in the NFL. Nothing they do will get any good reviews or credit ..

There was TONS of talking about the officiating before the Super Bowl -- maybe you weren't paying attention to it? It was so bad that videos of the bad calls were circulating around web sites online. In fact, there was so much concern over bad officiating in the playoffs that nobody imagined it could possibly carry over into the Super Bowl. The NFL (supposedly) took great strides to select the best officials from the entire season to call the Super Bowl.

I agree that the officials made some terrible calls when Pittsburgh played Indianapolis, but terrible calls were made in the other division championship game as well. None of the games should have had the officiating problems that they had. Nobody wants a questionable win, or a questionable loss.

I don't see any of this having something to do with lack of respect or hatred of the Steelers. As I've already stated, I'm not a fan of either team and don't carry a bias. The officials, for whatever reason, have not been on par with expectations this post season. It has hurt every playoff team in one way or another, and it hurts the sport.

I agree it does hurt the sport. and they do need to do something with it. I think a lot of it is whether the officail likes the team or not. Then again, they is more than likely exactly what it is ..

I was just watching Cold Pizza, they reviewed the 5 bad calls. Out of the 10 decisions (2 people judged each call), 9 were against and only 1 call was agreed with, which was Big Ben crossing the plane.

Remember the rose bowl?

EVERY game nowadays is no longer lost by the players, instead, the officials are blamed.

Give it a rest. It was not the fault of the officials that the seahawks had crap clock management. It was not the fault of the officials that big ben couldn't complete a pass.

Instead of second guessing the officials and blaming them for EVERYTHING, how bout a little extra talk about how crappy the teams played?

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back