Superbowl XL

Steelers are da bomb !!! They got the one for the thumb !!

I cannot believe the POOR clock Management by Seattle in the final 2 minutes of both halves.

The Seahawks didn't deserve to show up, let alone win :mad:

That's why they didn't win. :p

Now Pittsburgh, Dallas and San Francisco are the only five time winners.

Only problem is that Pittsburgh and Dallas have been to the Super Bowl more than five times each, (Dallas-7, Pittsburgh-6) but have lost. San Francisco is the only undefeated five time Super Bowl winner. When we go, we don't loose. :D

Just a bit of trivia for you. :rolleyes:

I was rootin for Pittsburgh anyway. I can't stand the Seahawks. :p

Last edited:
X-Istence said:
Pittsburgh had a way better gameplan going for them.
I agree, and it was well played. But when you manage the clock that poorly, that just shows that Seattle didn't have their heads in the game. Which, may have been in part to the game plan that Pittsburgh through at them.

I'm happy Bettis can retire with a title, good story :)

Seattle, what the crap?

Could have been a good Super Bowl...

So more importantly, where was that site with the cool adverts?
I assume there was cool adverts?

I bet Youtube.com will have some of the adverts up.

Cool. Will check it out when I get home, I know there was a mi3 trailer at least.

All I have to say is that the ref's suck -edited-, and that was the worst called superbowl ever. And I can say that, no team I wanted went.

Go teams, boo ref's!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Steevo said:
All I have to say is that the ref's suck -edited-, and that was the worst called superbowl ever. And I can say that, no team I wanted went.

Go teams, boo ref's!!!!!!

That was a push off. NO TD.

Steeler's outplayed them anyways, refs not a factor. Great game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great game? That's not majority opinion.

It could have been a great game if...

- Pittsburgh could have made forward progress in the first quarter.
- Seattle could have capitalized on MANY opportunities.
- The refs had not called phantom holding calls, a phantom "low block" by Seattle's QB, and a phantom TD.
- Seattle had understood it was the Super Bowl and managed the clock at the end of BOTH halves.
- The Seattle receivers had awareness of where they were in regards to the sideline.

It was almost exciting, but it never really was.

Last edited:
You seattle fans can say how much the refs were with the steelers all you want. The Refs have been against the steelers for the past ten years. Cowher literally has his whole office wall papered with all the apologies he's gotten from the officials. The refs have been screwing them around for a long time.

Also, the fact still remains the the steelers are one of the best teams in NFL history. They haven't gotten the respect they deserve since the last sb trip 26 years ago. Everyone was against them till they were going to he bowl. It wouldn't surprise me if the bandwagon got 80% of the american public. The officials, the announcers, and the media have said numerous times that they will never get here again. And they never picked them for anything.

Next year it is going to be one for the middle finger. That way they can stick it up and show everyone what they really think. That will make them the winniest team in NFL SB history.

Last but not least. If you look at the statistics, there has never been a team on their first trip to the bowl beat a team there that has multiple trips. It was a given that seattle would lose. If they were in the AFC they wouldn't have even made it to the play offs. I have already said and I will say it again. ust like last year with philly, seattle was a fluke.

In my opinion, Seattle lost the game and won it for Pittsburgh. I don't care for either team, so I would consider mine a pretty unbiased opinion. I was just hoping for a good game.

As far as statistics go, a first-trip SB team never beating a veteran SB team is hardly proof that Seattle couldn't have won. Seattle definitely could have won, but they sucked bad in several key positions last night -- they didn't deserve to win on account of some of the terrible decisions that were made.

Johnny said:
You seattle fans can say how much the refs were with the steelers all you want. The Refs have been against the steelers for the past ten years. Cowher literally has his whole office wall papered with all the apologies he's gotten from the officials. The refs have been screwing them around for a long time.

Also, the fact still remains the the steelers are one of the best teams in NFL history. They haven't gotten the respect they deserve since the last sb trip 26 years ago. Everyone was against them till they were going to he bowl. It wouldn't surprise me if the bandwagon got 80% of the american public. The officials, the announcers, and the media have said numerous times that they will never get here again. And they never picked them for anything.

Next year it is going to be one for the middle finger. That way they can stick it up and show everyone what they really think. That will make them the winniest team in NFL SB history.

Last but not least. If you look at the statistics, there has never been a team on their first trip to the bowl beat a team there that has multiple trips. It was a given that seattle would lose. If they were in the AFC they wouldn't have even made it to the play offs. I have already said and I will say it again. ust like last year with philly, seattle was a fluke.

I think that they had the better team too. Mebey you should read the posts again.:smoker:

The calls were just stupid though. If they had made better calls the game would have been 10 times better. Made for more competition, and a fair game.

So far as skill, there is no doubt that that it was there. On both sides. But in the end, the Steelers wanted it more.

Yeah, the extra 3 players Pittsburg had sure did make the game less competitive if nothing else.:lick:

I'm not a fan of either team, but it is cool that Cowher got his win and Bettis got to retire under a win and at home.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back