Samurize Tutorials, Help, and Configs

Right on... :) You going to post one for download? Most of the time it's 128 x 128.. :)

Most of the time meaning most Samurize clocks are 128x128? I find 200x200 best for me, and I thought you use 100x100... no? :) I initally planned 3 sizes: large (267x267), medium (200x200) and small (100x100). You think I should go for 128x128 instead?

My desktop: Milkamania!
Milk Suite, Milk Theme, Trillian Milk Skin, Rainlendar Milk, Y'z Dock Milk Background...

Attachments

• SS07272004021036.jpg
    SS07272004021036.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2,890
Yeah.... do 128 x 128 instead of the 100 x 100... Nice desktop... :)

Hmmm... is Samurize affiliated with StarDock, the creator of DesktopX? The Samurize site is hosted by StarDock... So while StarDock charges money for Samurize-like functionality, it is also supporting the free Samurize? How interesting... perhaps they do it for the purpose of incorporating Samurize technologies into DesktopX...

Samurize was not originally affiliated with StarDock. They needed to change hosting a while back and decided on StarDock... although I don't remember the details of why. Still, development of the app is not handled by StarDock, they just host the site AFAIK.

My New Widget

I created a new widget based on the Vipez2 Config... I added weather, top processes and removed the tv guide, as well as made other cosmetic changes. See if you guys like it... :)

The background is transparent (the original Vipeez2 is blue) and it shows up silver because of my wallpaper. I think this gives more flexibility...

If anyone would want this file I think I'll have to ask Vipez for permission first...

Attachments

• obj.JPG
    obj.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 448
Btw, I was thinking, if Samurize objects can behave like other windows programs it would be great. For example, the ability to resize by dragging on the edges, right click an icon to change its path, right click on a meter to change its parameters etc... it would make Samurize so much more intuitive, and eliminate the need for the edit config screen.

Nice one arturn... I think thats what they are trying to avoid.. Making it like any other windows program.. :) Just my $0.02... :)

arthrun, i like that config alot. look for a pm tomorrow. Kinda tired right now and have an interview tomorrow.

dreamliner77, I'm glad you like it. I got permission from Vipez earlier tonight, and I just posted the config file on samurize.com. Search for arthurn and you should find it.

Samurize is so cool...

I've been adding features to my config, and I'm starting to realize Samurize is really really cool... :cool: you can display just about any info about your computer and find any info on the internet and have it right on the desktop. Like RSS feeds, tv guide...

And I really like the AMPI (Advanced Media Player Info)... this is what I did with my config (see picture). I added tv guide as well, though xmltv can be a pain to work with...

I'm still working on this one, and I'm think about what to do with the space on top... what's the coolest thing you know that can be added?

Hey, why don't we all post our desktop screenshots? :)

Attachments

• arthurn12a.JPG
    arthurn12a.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 431
I'd put today's weather in the empty space and then the next two or three days where todays currently is.

My config evolves...

Or how about something like this? Maybe I'll switch the positions some more, I think the song info should be at the bottom... The calendar is from SimpleCalendar 2.0).

Right... can add weather forecast... personally I'm not so big on weather, it just looks nice :)

Btw, dreamliner77, did you download my config? Did you make it work? This is my first attempt, so there may be bugs... I've only started using Samurize for 2 weeks...

Funny thing, I posted that file (arthurn's config) on Samurize yesterday, and very soon I got one rating, which was a 1. :( Then I just checked it, and the rating is 5.5 (2 votes), which means someone gave me a 10. How extreme. Someone absolutely hates it, and someone absolutely loves it... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• arthurn12b.JPG
    arthurn12b.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 344
Then it looks like you got it under control then.. It looks good . You've done a fine job!! :)

Hey Beginning... your desktop is so interesting... it's retro yet futuristic (if that's even possible), and it reminds me of Japanese anime... I can tell you did a lot of work, because it looks nothing like windows!

How did you make those shortcuts on your desktop? Btw, Initial D is the Japanese anime I was thinking about, it's about racing...

What I really enjoyed about Samurize while I was using it was that you could make any image link to anything you wanted it to... hyperlinks, applications, files, folders. You could have no true icons on your desktop, just images of any size that would simply take the place of your icons, except that you'd single-click them instead.

Most all of my configs had the weather icon link directly to the weather.com page that displayed the motion radar for my city. That way, if it was raining and I wanted to see exactly what was going on, all I had to do was click the weather icon and then my browser would open up with that page. I did the same thing with the temperature, and linked it to the hourly forecast info for my city.

I don't like a ton of information on my desktop, so instead of doing TV listings on my desktop, I had a TV icon that linked directly to the TV Guide page with the listings for my city.

Just some suggestions based on my experience. :)

very cool tips... why don't you post some screenshots? :) I really want to see what you've done with your desktop.

I'm not on a PC anymore, so I don't use Samurize. I am using Konfabulator though, and I really enjoy it. I've got one screenshot with Samurize on Page 2 of this thread, and others are located in the past monthly screenshot threads. I'll see if I still have some shots of my old configs saved... if so, I'll post them for ya. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back