Samurize Tutorials, Help, and Configs

One thing that you can do in Samurize to reduce system usage is in the config editor select the "Project Options" tab, and decrease the refresh rate by increasing the millisec. Be aware that this controls the entire configs refresh, but for those who don't want to run multiple instances, while still having a large or complex config this can help get the resource usage manageable. I have a large and complex (mulitple meters, weather, etc.) config that only uses 10% of my cpu.

Yes, increasing the refresh interval is a good way to reduce system resources, especially when the data doesn't change very often. I would use the following timing: tv guide/weather/RSS/calendar - 10 min, meters/song info- 1 sec, so even if you have a combination of all those, you shouldn't need to refresh more frequently than 1 sec. On the other hand, a spectrum analyzer would require more frequent refreshes to look realistic. I would put the low priority group in one config and the high priority one in another. What other things need high refresh rate?

BIG NEWS

This will be a huge help for those who find it difficult to make their own configs, or who really like someone else's and want to use it themselves.
Samurize Config Import/Export Tool
A new tool to make sharing Samurize config sets with other people as quick and painless as possible.

Get it here.

Some more good news to go along with this is that Samurize.com is holding a "Config Olympics." They will have configs submitted to judge on Sep. 13th. Obviously, there will be some first-class configs submitted for the contest. So, with this new tool, we should be able to implement any of those configs easily!

Hmmm.. That is interesting..... Thanks for the heads up!! :)

Well I had to dump Samurise as it was too unstable on my system. The Client kept crashing. Not sure why, but was just too much trouble for what I was using it for.

Hmm... sorry you had to give it up. Were you using the latest version?

Yea, that was the wierd part. I triple check to make sure and it was climed to be fixed in the latest release. So I am guessing that there was some type of software conflict between Samurize and other software on my system. But I have Statbar and it does pretty much what I had Samurize setup to do, I also added a weather program that runs in the task bar so I have basically the same info that samurize was setup to give me.

wow that Inspired #3 is pretty cool. I am currently using the StarDock utilites but those are some pretty cool configes.

hello all, i would like to thank muzikool for the help with this great tutorial i would notice on the forums that people would post screenshots of there desktops and i would look in awe and wonder what they were using to make there desktops so kool. so i followed this tutorial and i am working on gettin my desktop to look as sweet as i want it to look.

i have been toying with this app on and off and i have a question.

is there a way i can get news listings from other sites besides CNN.com or FoxNews.com. The site I want to get my listings from is ShortNews so if anyone knows how to pull that off I would be very happy. Thanks for all your help fellow OSSN-ites, -ians??? lol =P

Hey synical33, I'm glad you found some use from this thread and I hope that you have good success with Samurize. Unfortunately, I must say that I don't use it myself anymore because I have a Mac now, so I can't test things out myself. I would encourage you to post the question on the forums at Samurize.com because I know you would get a straight answer there. Be sure to post what you've done once your happy with your config! :)

so.. after seeing all these tutorials.... plzplzplz .. I see these big icons on people's screenshots... And I see that those people only have 2 icons.. how would i do That? Also is there anyway to change icon size and res from run instead of properties? my properties is screwed for some reason

Those icons you see are not Windows icons, they are actually images that link to the programs or folders we specify. That's one function of Samurize. Samurize isn't the only program that can accomplish this, though. If you haven't already, I suggest that you take a look at the GUI Customization thread. If you are new to customizing Windows' GUI, then I would look into another one of the apps listed in that thread. Samurize is great and can do all kinds of things, but I don't consider it easy to use when you're customizing for the first time. Also, that other thread will give you links to sites where you can find images like the ones you've seen in people's screenshots.

I know this is a more general response to your post, so feel free to ask more questions and I (or anyone else) can give you more specific help. And by the way, welcome to OSNN! :D

The sidebar is not working for me..i guess i need the switchclock_small.vbs file.. any idea where to get it from..

*off topic - wow haven't seen this thread for awhile*

not sure where u could get it from, someone must know, wait awhile someone will answer

rb_kaustuv said:
The sidebar is not working for me..i guess i need the switchclock_small.vbs file.. any idea where to get it from..

I would check on the Samurize forums. I haven't used this app in a couple of years since I switched to a Mac.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back