Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Bush

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • They both suck, leave me alone!

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PseudoKiller said:
I enjoy having a defense budget that spends billions on missles and the like to destroy a tent in the middle of a desert from 500 milles away. Seems like a fair trade for the $$$.

Goes with the 800 dollar toilet seats in the Pentagon... 800 dollars a piece. :D

gonaads said:
Goes with the 800 dollar toilet seats in the Pentagon... 800 dollars a piece. :D
dont forget the 1200 dollar hammer... :D Ahh the glory of the Reagan years.

PseudoKiller said:
I enjoy having a defense budget that spends billions on missles and the like to destroy a tent in the middle of a desert from 500 milles away. Seems like a fair trade for the $$$.

A short story, by ThePatriot...A long time ago, in a desert far, far away, some of said missles hit said tent. And a known and admitted terrorist was put on a leash. Anyone hear Dennis Miller goofing on Khaddafi? F'n hilarious!
:D

Defense Buget spending... kinda like "Military Intellegence" :p

gonaads said:
Defense Buget spending... kinda like "Military Intellegence" :p
OSHA has rules about NOT using those two words together...I'm outta here...
:p

PseudoKiller said:
dont forget the 1200 dollar hammer... :D Ahh the glory of the Reagan years.

I'll never be able to prove this but I had a friend involved in the military and the government who once explained this to me. Whether it's true or not I'll never know. The story was this was no ordinary hammer and it involved electronics and dealt with density and strength of metals that it was struck upon. I can't remember how exactly it was worded because it was like 10 years ago.

Regardless of what exactly it did... it's laughable.

rotjong

Oh, ridiculous government spending... Reminds me of a 20/20 episode I saw about 1992 or so where they showed our tax dollars at work on such projects as studying the flow rate of ketchup and hiring people to sit around and sniff tea...

As to excessive prices...I've thought this myself, but can't prove it is so. Lets say for a moment that certain black/clandestine ops could take place. The issue of funding would come up. What would seem more inocuous then the cost of supplies? Now if they declare $800 for a toilet seat but spend much less...they have that left over money that could be funneled elsewhere. And if Congress is none the wiser...

In any case, I could just see it now...with the CIA (in this case) trying to put a line item in the budget for trying to put talcum powder in Fidel Castros boots to try and make his beard fall out. (This was one thing discovered during the Church committee in the 1970s.) The argument was that without his beard, he'd be a less appealing leader to the locals...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back