.: NvNews / OSNN / SP Folding Thread :.

Status
Not open for further replies.
in a few weeks i'll have a new 8 core intel mac pro. i wonder how that will fold? :)

i'll try and get my ps3 back to folding soon, but to be honest i didn't see that is actually did anything but fold, not sure if i ever got the points.

Folding @ Home Signatures

Hi,

I thought it was cool seeing the folding at home signatures, it took me a bit to find out how people were doing this. I finally found it in the middle of a really long thread about Folding @ Home.

Just go to http://folding.osnn.net for a simple set of instructions.

Basically, you can just replace http://folding.osnn.net/[username] with your username (not in brackets) to view the signature.

Mine doesn't seem to show up yet, but I'm guessing that's because my machine has yet to process any work units under the osnn team id (35216) I'm looking forward to trying it when it does

Please get folding and help fight some terrible diseases ! Thanks

JPRuss

Threads merged.

Please keep all F@H related questions and posts in the official thread. Thank you.

You are correct: You need to be a member of the OSNN F@H team in order for the signature to work. Furthermore, you must be accepted into the group by a group administrator. If you are interested you can join and Sazar would happily approve you for the F@H badge and signature image.

well, Matt merged the thread before I could get to it (mod duty stealer matt! :) )

Welcome to the team JPRuss!

Re: Folding @ Home Signatures

Hi,

I thought it was cool seeing the folding at home signatures, it took me a bit to find out how people were doing this. I finally found it in the middle of a really long thread about Folding @ Home.

Just go to http://folding.osnn.net for a simple set of instructions.

Basically, you can just replace http://folding.osnn.net/[username] with your username (not in brackets) to view the signature.

Mine doesn't seem to show up yet, but I'm guessing that's because my machine has yet to process any work units under the osnn team id (35216) I'm looking forward to trying it when it does

Please get folding and help fight some terrible diseases ! Thanks

JPRuss

Please go to the following URL to see how the signature image works.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/?nav=IMAGES

Also, please visit the first post in this thread to see additional details on how to get Folding working on your system. Should you have any questions, feel free to ask :D

Thanks and happy folding amigo.

in a few weeks i'll have a new 8 core intel mac pro. i wonder how that will fold? :)

i'll try and get my ps3 back to folding soon, but to be honest i didn't see that is actually did anything but fold, not sure if i ever got the points.

I had a mac lab of over 40+ power pc cores, and they sucked at folding, I don't know how the new Intel cores should fold but that would be something interesting to see.

Greetings,
I just joined OSNN. And I also just started folding - got my Vista box crunching away just a few minutes ago. I'm also a Stanford alum. So, why wasn't I folding before now? Maybe I have been living underground too long. Better late than never. See ya around.

welcome to osnn and the folding team jpd6825!

Thanks for contributing!

I'm another newb to OSNN. The folding project is one of the more interesting things I've seen. I'll go for it. I'll be there soon.

weclome xuhab! Both to the forum as well as to the folding team.

Just added a second rig with AMD X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
hopefully a 3rd right behind it :)

Glad to see some new and old getting interested in folding. Keep up the good Work.

We are on the verge of passing up CastleCops
in 1.8 days. Keep folding! :) the team has finally gained +2. hopefully we can get back in the 150's

Alright team we are in the 150's again (159) to be exact. we overtook Castlecops, now we can take out Gamespot :) Lets do this!

Adding that 4th dual-core to the mix this afternoon. Will get my PS3 back online soon. busy playing games....

on a side note

32 Node PS3 Cluster
I want this for folding

tdinc - if you got some dual cores, why not use the SMP client? I'm getting about 1700+ points every other day on an older P4 dual proc box.. a Duo might do even better.

The 3 I added are work PC's all 3 contain the following

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Live!
Internal Specification : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
Model Number : 5200+
Codename : Windsor

I had nothing but errors with the smp client :(
I followed everything but nothing... so i am just using the graphical client right now on 2

Brought a couple Quad core servers online earlier in the week and threw a PXE version of the folding client on them, seem to be doing alright :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back