.: NvNews / OSNN / SP Folding Thread :.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i know, but i also have a 7 month old who is crawling around and will probably knock it over, i may just move it to the bedroom instead where it is safer and more ventilated.

I hear babies taste of chicken.

Random thought of the day.

i just bought a cooling station for my laptop, that raises it off the desk and has fans, my laptop was running at 80c before now its down to 45-50c on full load... pretty impressive.

What type and where you get it from and how much it cost. I am interested. Thank you please.

What type and where you get it from and how much it cost. I am interested. Thank you please.

it was actually best buys brand, rocketfish, is has a single fan in the center which i initially thought would be crap.

it cost $30

I think the change in temp is two fold, one is the fan but another is that it lifts the laptop off the desk, so the fan gets a proper airflow.

is it this one? because I was looking for a decent cooling pad,

10096000.jpg

yeap that is the one, i will preface this though with the fact that simply lifting your laptop off the desk is a big help and the fan helps a little. the station has two legs that lifts it up. i am just constantly amazed at the difference, the funny thing is i was about to buy a new laptop instead. then my it manager told me about this...

only one more day till i am in the 10 spot. man if only i had one more quad core. :)

Hmmmm, gonna have to go down to Best Buy and check it out. Thanks.

my god, my folding scores are going crazy today and i haven't even added my ps3 yet.

is there an issue with the stats server or something, my ps3 has done about 6 wu's and all my others as usual amount to about 2500 points a day but nothing is posting.

Neither here.

There are some intermittent errors with receiving and crediting Wu's apparently.

I am still waiting for 2 1500 point WU's to be credited to me but everything else that was in the backlog has been.

i cant believe how quick the ps3 is, unless it is getting much smaller wu's than my pc.

i guess really strangely all my wu's where half way through today, which is really weird. usually they all finish in a day, just not today i guess, well tomorrow should hopefully be a very large daily point score.

GPU's are more powerful than ps3's but unfortunately do not get even close to the same level of credit.

That's why I don't fold on my GPU anymore :(

Quad-cores are also getting a lot of PPD's if dedicated.

not just the quads.. the SMP client as a whole.

I'm running the SMP client on a dual core with only two cores.. finishing a WU every other day or so for 1760 points each.

GPU's are more powerful than ps3's but unfortunately do not get even close to the same level of credit.

That's why I don't fold on my GPU anymore :(

Quad-cores are also getting a lot of PPD's if dedicated.

i know this probably sounds stupid, but i don't know what you are talking about, it sound like said it is not worth folding on either gpus or on the ps3, is that right. or are you saying gpus are crap but ps3's are good. sorry perhaps its just too early.

Lancer, Stanford arbitrarily assigns a value to each unit of work completed.

On a performance basis, the GPU's are more powerful than the PS3's but due to the assigned points for work completed, they get far less credit per unit hence it is not worth it to run a GPU full time if you have a PS3.

Lancer, Stanford arbitrarily assigns a value to each unit of work completed.

On a performance basis, the GPU's are more powerful than the PS3's but due to the assigned points for work completed, they get far less credit per unit hence it is not worth it to run a GPU full time if you have a PS3.

i guess the confusion lies in the fact that you brought up gpus out of nowhere. i don't fold with them. guess thats where i got confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back