NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
set teh save points @ 3 mins.. that way you will resume your work @ almost the same point if you crash or something else happens with the client...

Sazar said:
set teh save points @ 3 mins.. that way you will resume your work @ almost the same point if you crash or something else happens with the client...
thanks - done that - better (I think!)

np...

I havent folded for a while :(

been too happy with CnQ running @ 800mhz..

am gonna install teh clients on my room-mates computers though and possibly my bro's as well... so in a week hopefully will try and get a few more cpu's folding for us :cool:

Sazar said:
I havent folded for a while :(
:cool:
eh oh - OK - done what you said twice (two potential clients here with varying uptimes.... this one has BSOD disease ;) ) and YET.... not completed a workunit yet! WTF?! These are AMD 1900+ and AMD 2600+ and OK they are not O/C'd but even so I would hope for a workunit in a day or so..... so what IS the prob? Any ideas? Maybe AMD hates to fold and only multi threading can work it? :confused:

well.. you can try what I posted on the first page of the thread... it might help...

keep in mind a wu is given about 5 days or so to complete... dun worry if it is not.. :)

Welcome...

Zedric said:
Finally! Now I have a team to join. :D
and I hope you'll enjoy contributing and manage decent uptime and processor power.... You'll need it to ever catch the top ten because this app takes a fair bit of crunching to post away work units. You may have picked this up from thread, but I would recommend adjusting the checkpointing frequency away from default (15 mins?) to the minimum of three, or at least a lower number.

Look forward to seeing you make your debut on the team stats page :D

coincidence?

Hey Glaanie - if you check team stats right now we both have exactly 457 points, but you come before me (probly cause you done 13 WUs and me done 11 I spose) :rolleyes:

Mainframeguy said:
and I hope you'll enjoy contributing and manage decent uptime and processor power.... You'll need it to ever catch the top ten because this app takes a fair bit of crunching to post away work units. You may have picked this up from thread, but I would recommend adjusting the checkpointing frequency away from default (15 mins?) to the minimum of three, or at least a lower number.

Look forward to seeing you make your debut on the team stats page :D
I'll keep it running on my PII450 Linux machine 24/7. I'll just have to change the config files first. ;)

The team name, home page, etc needs to be updated.

I put a couple more processors to work ... on Windows boxes. I'm still having problems with the client on Linux though. ribbed.us should be closing the ranks very soon. heh.

vern said:
The team name, home page, etc needs to be updated.

I put a couple more processors to work ... on Windows boxes. I'm still having problems with the client on Linux though. ribbed.us should be closing the ranks very soon. heh.
something has happened - I can no longer find the team page and they have moved things over at Stanford! Have we lost our team/points? :eek:

Refreshed link since moves over at Stanford....

... following on from my earlier post I dug around a bit and found you'll need a link like this to get to the old team stats now.

It also looks as though there may be a facility for the original creator of the team (was that Xessive?) with the right password etc to update our homepage/banner/name.... maybe - so maybe we could be OSNN and not lose our points to date? Maybe worth looking into.... and I still hope we see some more members - surprised Zedric not showing up yet, but maybe he is fubar? :p

[EDIT]Sorry Zedric - I see you! Just forgot to scroll down enough before! :p [/EDIT]

Bump.... & update

sorry Sazar, it was you who deserved the credit for starting this team :eek: - so you must be the one who could (maybe) update link and/or name to OSNN?

Anyway I checked and we are still below 1,000th place in team rankings, on like page 14 in the listings so we desparately need more new joiners.... if you don't get the cause you can still look at it as an excellent way to benchmark your machine(s), maybe? :)

unfortunately I have not been able to find a way to change the team name and logo to OSNN from ntfs...

if we were to start a whole new team we would lose the WU's we have had posted for ntfs so far...

this is the only reason the team name is still @ ntfs...

I'll fire off a few more emails and see if we can rectify the situation but @ the moment bear with me and stick with the ntfs name :)

as a team you guys have been brilliant let me just say :D

breaking into the top 1500 is EXCELLENT given our user base... :thumbsup:

brilliant work lads...

Mainframeguy said:
[EDIT]Sorry Zedric - I see you! Just forgot to scroll down enough before! :p [/EDIT]
Well you know, it's a tired old hog. ;) Plus it had just finished a wu two hours before I changed the team ID. Bummer.

Plus I can't run FAH on my workstation, it tends to overheat... :D

I just ranked #1 today ... wahahahahaha. Today ... OSNN! Tomorrow! The World!

/dr. evil laugh wahahahah

@ this rate lads we're gonna be in the top 1000 very very soon :D

I just want to say what an excellent job you lot are doing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back