NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
1,000th Work Unit!

Well we just managed to get our work unit count past the 1,000 mark - which is a fair bit of work, but our work rate could be better I cannot help feeling. We have less than ten active CPU's here and I don't know about XSive, but I run two or three active at times so I am sure there is scope for improvemet.

You can tailor the folding to run your machine as hot as you like, it does not have to take all your idle CPU and IMHO I have not found any real problems with other apps, it will only take unused CPU that is available. In fact if you want to burn in or test your system folding could be positiviely useful, so it wouldbe good to see some more join up.

That's it - said my bit, I'm going on holiday now - so who's goign to take up my folding while I am gone? :p

Well said Mainframeguy. I have had zero problems with the folding app. I usually forget it is running. It is for a good cause and is easy for anyone to help out.

uhh i thought this would be like the keyboard thing, what is it

themafia_69 said:
uhh i thought this would be like the keyboard thing, what is it
Its a client that downloads a "work unit" and helps with thing like finding cures for cancer and other helpful things :)

Just reinstalled my folding machine, but it's up and running again (first thing I fixed ;) ).

I'm surprised that I'm still in the top 3 (ribbed.us) considering that I haven't folded for almost 3 months. I will get back to folding in a week and a half though and put it on ~20 computers.

Added comment to frontpage, see below (note I was installing the "console only" version, but expect this applies to all version 5's as they come available for other OS too)

"I have just finished installing version 5 thought would let you know enhancements I mainly noticed are:-

Can run as service - making Folding virtually invisible within XP.
Can elect to decline work units with potentially large memory useage.
Can select y/n/either for workunits with deadlines
Can select to cease folding on battery power for notebooks

I think those are the main ones - so come on, let's all fold together and get OSNN moving up the rankings again!"

I have quite a few running FAD Find a Drug for another Forum. But all the wankers there aren't doing it! So I might move my networks over here.

Me has alot of processing power at my command!

/bares mighty arm.

Find a Drug Team: TSG
Member: HappyHacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back